Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

59 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Whilst having tactical influence and / or a Scottish presence would have been nice, we have Gio, Jean-paul Van Gastal and Roy McKaay (finally!). 

I'm excited by these appointments.and impressed by Ross Wilson's interview and diligence regarding the process of replacing SG. 

I have faith in Gio and his team and positive all of the Rangers family will get behind them. 

I had hoped for an "upgrade" and whilst there is risk surrounding any appointment, this his the makings of an upgrade. 

To coin a phrase  - Let's Go.

We became stale under gerrard,  that was plain to see.  Every week we hoped wed click but as the weeks went on i think even gerrard knew himself that it wasnt going to happen.   Im more than comfortable with our new manager and am looking forward to playing a more direct brand of football and hopefully giving some youth players a chance as well.  Big question will be though,  will he keep tevenier as captain?

“Michael Beale

@MichaelBeale

Congratulations and good luck to Gio, @The_real_Gio the staff and the players - excited to see the team play & develop under his leadership”

Despite his departure Beale seems to get it. Perhaps investing for the future?

13 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

“Michael Beale

@MichaelBeale

Congratulations and good luck to Gio, @The_real_Gio the staff and the players - excited to see the team play & develop under his leadership”

Yes. I thought the same when I saw it. Quite a nice touch. Both his boys are huge bluenoses!

One door closes then another door opens all in the space of a week.

I’m particularly pleased the way we’ve gone about things over the past week. It’s good to see we’ve learned our lesson from when  Warburton & Pedro left & we’d no obvious replacements identified. Much of this I think can be attributed to the DoF role which I think has been largely successful since it was introduced at Rangers just over 3 years ago. When Gerrard left( or indicated he was leaving) the DoF immediately identified a shortlist of successors.

We have to hope the arrival of GvB will provide a spark which seems to have been missing too often this season. One or two players  seem to have lost their sharpness from last season and one or two others seem to have regressed unfortunately.This will need sorted out and I’m sure there will be changes as the new manager makes his own mark on the squad. I’ll be particularly interested to see if he gets more out of Bacuna. 

On 18/11/2021 at 15:37, Scott7 said:

“Michael Beale

@MichaelBeale

Mehh white noise.

Welcome back Gio.

When Gerrard quit I was angry and a little bit sad that he had chosen to ditch our club in such a casual manner, however I am delighted now that Gio has been appointed and believe that this is the kind of appointment as a manager that most of us has hoped when Gerrard was announced 3 years ago. Exciting times ahead and I am sure we will be a better team with the new regime in place.