Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

On 18/11/2021 at 18:28, CammyF said:

Whilst having tactical influence and / or a Scottish presence would have been nice, we have Gio, Jean-paul Van Gastal and Roy McKaay (finally!). 

I'm excited by these appointments.and impressed by Ross Wilson's interview and diligence regarding the process of replacing SG. 

I have faith in Gio and his team and positive all of the Rangers family will get behind them. 

I had hoped for an "upgrade" and whilst there is risk surrounding any appointment, this his the makings of an upgrade. 

To coin a phrase  - Let's Go.

I don't think van Gastel is joining? I read that he's still under contract in China.  

I'm excited for change. 

The reason SG did well, especially in Europe was the tactical influence of Beale.

GvB doesn't have it, so I think he needs that help. 

I'm excited to see what he's learned under Pep, though. 

54 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I don't think van Gastel is joining? I read that he's still under contract in China.  

According to todays Express he's not.

They are also saying Makaay will be strikers coach, not assistant. I dont know if that means Defoe is on the way out. Also saying Gio does want a Scottish influence on his coaching team. Im not sure where they are getting their information though.

53 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Thanks.  I rarely listen to interviews (after Gerrard's "Do I look happy? comments, I feel that's justified).  

The Ross Wilson interview was very informative and we'll worth a listen. We do appear to be very professional on and off the pitch at the moment.

A report suggesting that Neil McCann might still be added to the coaching team.

COME HOME Neil McCann in talks over Rangers return as part of Gio van Bronckhorst’s backroom staff

Andy Devlin, methinks, is one of the more clued-up journos. Would sure be a welcome addition, as he has seen this Rangers team these last few months - if not years - and knows how the players perform, how the opposition make us toil and what should probably be changed. We shall see.

Edited by der Berliner