Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

34 minutes ago, ascender said:

I saw that and immediately thought... "nah, surely not??"

We are waiting for a non-British appointment to his team though aren't we?

Yes we are - however I'd be amazed if it's DA, but stranger things have happened 😁

I could understand that if he was playing for Brighton against Real Madrid but even then, it would be a shameful thing to admit.

No Rangers player should think like that and if they do, they definitely shouldn't admit it.

We were playing a Hibs side in poor form.  

On 23/11/2021 at 18:07, Rousseau said:

Goldson having a laugh as he's coming out to train... yes, he can go at the end of the season. 👀 

I would tell him he can go at the next tranfer window.   Mayo out on loan at partick is raising a few heads with his form.  Give him a slot instead.

5 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

I would tell him he can go at the next tranfer window.   Mayo out on loan at partick is raising a few heads with his form.  Give him a slot instead.

If GvB has any aspiration to win the dressing room, he would be wise to move Goldson on at the earliest opportunity. 

After 10 years at Ajay and aged 38, you wonder whether he might be deemed good enough and sees himself more than able to step up and coach the big ones?

His knowledge of the Dutch youth players will sure come in handy, and I reckon that he will sure have a look at our youngsters too in any case.

NB: Seen quite few of those in the current training videos.

Edited by der Berliner

On 21/11/2021 at 03:41, compo said:

I read that McCann is being talked about as his assistant,  we need far better he might talk a good game but was a dud as a manager 

You dont need a top drawer manager as assistant, just someone with knowledge of the Scottish game would be nice. If he was a top drawer manager he wouldnt want to play second fiddle anyway. 

2 hours ago, Graham said:

You dont need a top drawer manager as assistant, just someone with knowledge of the Scottish game would be nice. If he was a top drawer manager he wouldnt want to play second fiddle anyway. 

I always wondered what Gary McAllister's role was under Gerrard, other than filling in at pressers and the like. It always looked like the main coaching and tactical support came from elsewhere. Assistant managers seem to be a bit like US vice presidents - they don't actually do anything and are sometimes chosen on the basis of not posing any threat to the incumbent, the difference being that in football the sidekick usually buggers off with the main man when he goes.