Official: Gio confirmed as Rangers manager

56 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Welcome home Gio! Glad to have got this done quickly! 

Agreed, anyone saying that this took too long doesn't really get how these things can't get rushed through in a day or so - no way did Gerrard get that Villa thing done in a day.

3 minutes ago, Ted McMinnime said:

What a great interview. Really impressed by Ross Wilson. I would rather lose Gerrard than lose him!

He is very articulate and very impressive in interviews.  Very well thought of.  I know of someone else at Ibrox, no not Kevin Thomson, who came to Rangers specifically because of Ross Wilson - and that person also is very, very good too - but it was Ross Wilson who convinced this person to come to the club.

Breaking News - Gio Is Home

David, Martyn and David Marshall welcome Gio home to Ibrox as our new boss. James then talks to Johan Brinkel from the Feyenoord fan podcast Kein Geloel.

Discussed:

- his legendary status at Feyenoord

- his style of management

- does he bring through youth players

https://www.patreon.com/posts/breaking-news-is-58861696?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare

"Gio has been part of a long list of managers we have been tracking for a period of time to ensure we are always ready. When Steven intimated his decision last Wednesday, we immediately got to work on what was then a focused shortlist. We held initial talks within 48 hours and concluded our decision making within six days of the role becoming available."

This gives me such nice feelings...

I'm disappointed in the backroom staff - I would have wanted a more tactical influence. Both of them seem like assistants, rather than coaches. 

Roy Makaay was a excellent striker in his day, though. 

I am intrigued to see what GvB has learned from his time with Pep.