Aston Villa Interested In Glen Kamara

Aston Villa ready to 'ramp up' interest in Rangers star following Steven Gerrard move

Villa were reportedly close to launching a bid for the midfielder in August when Dean Smith was still at the helm

Aston Villa will reportedly renew their interest in Rangers’ Glen Kamara following Steven Gerrard’s return to the Premier League.

Villa are said to have watched the Finnish international closely over recent transfer windows.

According to the Daily Record, Villa were close to launching a £6million bid for the midfielder in August when Dean Smith was still at the helm.

The report adds that Villa sporting director Johan Lange is a big fan of Kamara's and that the club’s interest is set to be ramped up by Gerrard’s arrival.

It was Gerrard who signed the 26-year-old from Dundee and he has gone on to be one of the Scottish Premiership’s top players.

Kamara started out in the Arsenal Academy and had loan spells at Southend and Colchester before making a permanent switch to Dundee in 2017.

He joined Rangers in January 2019 and his current deals expires in 2025.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfers-kamara-gerrard-22157425?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

30 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Kamara and Kent only players I can see SG comimg back for. He might take Goldson as backup but he's shopping in a different supermarket now. 

I think he'll be keeping an eye on Jack's form as he returns to match fitness and I'd be most surprised if they don't try and get Paterson on the cheap. 

16 minutes ago, gaspard said:

I think he'll be keeping an eye on Jack's form as he returns to match fitness and I'd be most surprised if they don't try and get Paterson on the cheap. 

Who does Jack replace in Villas midfield? As for right back, they spent £24M on the excellent Matty Cash.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Who does Jack replace in Villas midfield? As for right back, they spent £24M on the excellent Matty Cash.

Tell truth, I have no idea who plays for villa , I only watch rangers,  so I bow to your superior knowledge,  I only highlighted those 2 as potential targets as it's well known how highly he rates Jack and Paterson has so much potential. 

I also assume that it wouldn't only be first team regulars that villa might sign, no places in the squad available for their positions, again I've absolutely no idea.

13 minutes ago, gaspard said:

Tell truth, I have no idea who plays for villa , I only watch rangers,  so I bow to your superior knowledge,  I only highlighted those 2 as potential targets as it's well known how highly he rates Jack and Paterson has so much potential. 

I also assume that it wouldn't only be first team regulars that villa might sign, no places in the squad available for their positions, again I've absolutely no idea.

Jack is just back after a major injury so can't see anyone taking a gamble on him and currently he'd struggle to get a game. 

Villa are shopping at a different level from us, Kent would be a decent signing for them (and / or most premier league teams) and Aribo might be over time.

If Matty Cash wasn't their right back then Patterson (Or Tav) may have been a possibility.

4 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Great! 

£20 Million, Stevie boy!

Good joke Gerard knows all about our release clauses and won't spend a pound more than he needs to.Feel that the sneakiness of his leaving will come back and haunt us.