First Goalscorer

I had to ask my old man - I thought it was Davie Cooper's free-kick in the Skol Cup Final, as I had forgotten about the St Mirren match earlier that year.  

Surely those who can't remember went with someone they can ask or do a quick bit of online research - lazy gits.  ?

14 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I had to ask my old man - I thought it was Davie Cooper's free-kick in the Skol Cup Final, as I had forgotten about the St Mirren match earlier that year.  

Surely those who can't remember went with someone they can ask or do a quick bit of online research - lazy gits.  ?

When you get to my age, I can barely remember the last Rangers goalscorer I saw ?

21 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Like the sixties - if you can't remember it you weren't there.?

I can remember the sixties well but not who scored in my first Rangers game V Partick Thistle,could google it I suppose,but that game set me off on supporting the Gers.:rfc:

My old man has been sorting out a departed Bear's old programmes, so I acquired my first Glasgow derby home and away programmes last week.  

1-0 at Ibrox (Trevor Steven on 2nd Jan 1993) and 4-2 at the Piggery (Hateley first on  1st Jan 1994).  

The 4-2 pumping will live with me forever...

Technically the first goal I saw scored for Rangers was an own goal by Stevie Kirk in the 1987 League Cup semi final at Hampden. The first by a Rangers player was by Robert Fleck in the same game, the final score was Rangers 3 Motherwell 1. I had to look up the scorers as it's so long ago.