[FT] Rangers 1 (Arfield 40) - 3 Hibernian

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

I've seen us play Hibs twice at Hampden and we lost both (LC semi in 2004 and SC final in 2016).  I think the last time I saw us win at Hampden was 30th May 2009 (and I've been to quite a few games there since).

Still, there's no time like the present to fix things.  

Hope your car breaksdown on way tomorrow 😛 .....owny kidden....not.😋

Like the Scottish Cup final in 1969, I've never really got over the loss to Hibs in the 2016 final. Sunday will go some way to putting that right. I have little fear about the result, in fact we may win by a surprisingly large margin. 

24 minutes ago, onevision said:

Hope your car breaksdown on way tomorrow

I'm getting the train from Edinburgh.  Last time I was on a train full of Hibs fans it didn't end well.  

"Wherever we go, we'll fear no foe...".  

There was also the two-legged League Cup Semi-final in 1985 (iirc) where we lost 2-0 at Easter Road where Super missed a host of chances (and a penalty iirc). 

We won the 2nd leg at Ibrox 1-0 thanks to a wonder free kick from Davie Cooper. 

This thread is giving me the fear..........

1 hour ago, onevision said:

Attended all 3 matches and all of them were poor even though we eventually won the trophy.

First game we were taken by our BB troop and 1st replay taken by my Uncle. On the way home he asked if I wanted to go to 2nd replay and promptly said no!!! 

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

There was also the two-legged League Cup Semi-final in 1985 (iirc) where we lost 2-0 at Easter Road where Super missed a host of chances (and a penalty iirc). 

We won the 2nd leg at Ibrox 1-0 thanks to a wonder free kick from Davie Cooper. 

This thread is giving me the fear..........

This thread is giving me the fear ......

I missed the three Scottish Cup final games in 1979, I was attending the RMA Sandhurst.

I decided to look back after the giving you the fear comment. I have attended Hampden for Rangers - Hibs semis and finals over the years and as far as my memory informs me, we have lost all of them since '79. A Scottish Cup final in 2016, League Cup semi finals in 1973, 2004 and, 1991. 

Of course, we defeated Hibs 2-1 in the 1993 League Cup final, but that was hosted at Parkhead. 

The last time I witnessed Rangers defeat Hibs at Hampden was the Scottish Cup semi-final replay in April'71.

Fifty years of fear ................

Forget hoodoos. Forget bogey sides. Modern football is all about facing what is coming and not looking to the past.

While a semi is a semi and anything can happen on the day, the present Rangers team has nothing to fear from Hibs.

A big day for Tavernier to show his captain's credentials and lead the team to victory.

10 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I'm not confident. 

Hibs.

At Hampden.

With no manager. (Although, the B-team play the same way so there shouldn't be much change with the temporary coaches in that regard.)

giphy.gif

You never are regardless who we play!