[FT] Rangers 1 (Arfield 40) - 3 Hibernian

1. Wrong team selection. 

2. Only Aribo pass marks.

3. Woeful defending. 

4. Wrong tactics.

5. Woeful goalkeeping.

6. No pace.

7. No imagination.

8. Two Hibs players booked in first 3 mins and we stopped running at them.

9. Baffling subs. 

10. No leaders on the pitch.

That's off the top of my head.

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

1. Wrong team selection. 

2. Only Aribo pass marks.

3. Woeful defending. 

4. Wrong tactics.

5. Woeful goalkeeping.

6. No pace.

7. No imagination.

8. Two Hibs players booked in first 3 mins and we stopped running at them.

9. Baffling subs. 

10. No leaders on the pitch.

That's off the top of my head.

I`ll exchange that player with Arfield, TBH.

Anyone surprised by that performance then?

Gerrard has a lot to answer-for as we've played like that all season and the management team were unable to sort it out. I didn't think the coaching staff would change anything, but I hoped players would rise to the occasion of a semi final and also be looking to impress the new manager but what a shambles.

Not sure where he starts with the defence. Putting McLaughlin in as number 1 would be a start. Borna is still a shadow of his former self, so not sure why Bassey didn't start. Tav? What do you do when you have someone like him who brings so much to the team, but at the same time, seems to be contributing to many of our problems.

The midfield at times lived-up to every criticism we've had of them during Gerrard's time when things weren't going well for us. Toothless, indirect, out of ideas and afraid to have a shot.

I thought Arfield looked much better, him and Aribo get pass marks.

What is going on with Morelos?

Looking at our bench, I'd have been tempted to start with McLaughlin, Bassey, Sakala and maybe even Bacuna & Haji.

The only saving grace at the moment is that somehow we're still top of the league.

Edited by ascender

Hibs second goal was a peach it reminded me of watching the wee prime minister the way the pass and it was a simple pass put the boy in for an easy goal ,get over it we were stuffed by the better team the new man now sees the task ahead let's see what if any changes he makes for his first game. 

And you would have got 9/2 for the winners today a nice little earner  .

Edited by compo

4 minutes ago, ascender said:

Anyone surprised by that performance then?

Gerrard has a lot to answer-for as we've played like that all season and the management team were unable to sort it out. I didn't think the coaching staff would change anything, but I hoped players would rise to the occasion of a semi final and also be looking to impress the new manager but what a shambles.

Not sure where he starts with the defence. Putting McLaughlin in as number 1 would be a start. Borna is still a shadow of his former self, so not sure why Bassey didn't start. Tav? What do you do when you have someone like him who brings so much to the team, but at the same time, seems to be contributing to many of our problems.

The midfield at times lived-up to every criticism we've had of them during Gerrard's time when things weren't going well for us. Toothless, indirect, out of ideas and afraid to have a shot.

I thought Arfield looked much better, him and Aribo get pass marks.

What is going on with Morelos?

Looking at our bench, I'd have been tempted to start with McLaughlin, Bassey, Sakala and maybe even Bacuna & Haji.

The only saving grace at the moment is that somehow we're still top of the league.

If this continues, that won't be for long. We have Livingston, Hibs, Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts away in the next round of fixtures. I think there is more chance of Shergar winning next year's Gold Cup than us taking maximum points from all those games.