[FT] Rangers 1 (Arfield 40) - 3 Hibernian

A disappointing result to put it mildly, but when all is said and done the League Cup doesn't mean an awful lot. I know that there isn't a shop where you can do a trade in these results but I'd much rather beat them in the next league game, although admittedly that doesn't seem likely at this point in time.

10 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Goldson, Tavernier and Morelos. All rubbish.

Many other players were also rubbish but those three were particularly bad.

Bring on the Patterson era.

So with Tav, can we drop him given just how many goals and assists he gets? Because that’s the stock response you get when you mention it as a possibility.

With Katic on loan and Helander out, who do we replace Goldson with?

Morelos has been pish for a while. He improved his all-round game last season, but was that at the expense of just letting him do what he does best which is terrorise defences?

1 hour ago, gisabeer said:

Davis

Barasic 

Tavenier[sic] 

Kamara

Goldson 

Kent

Can all fuck off.  

Only good thing to come out of this is that gio seen how shit this lot are.   Fucking joke performances from tav and barasic in particular.  Davis ? Hes passeed the point of no return and has no place in our side.   What is it kamara does?  I have no idea.  

We need an overhaul and id listen to any offers for the above players

Quite an over reaction.

Goldson should have been told to commit or move in the summer.

Tavernier should now be the second choice right back.

Davis is already the second choice number 6 and I assume he played to rest Lundstram for Thursday.

The rest are underperforming but can turn it around.

2 minutes ago, Biblio said:

A disappointing result to put it mildly, but when all is said and done the League Cup doesn't mean an awful lot. I know that there isn't a shop where you can do a trade in these results but I'd much rather beat them in the next league game, although admittedly that doesn't seem likely at this point in time.

When I was growing up, the league cup was the first chance to get a trophy and I was always excited about it - Gers teams always seemed right up for it too. A good chance to lay down a marker for the season and I’m sure it gives the players a lift too. We should be aiming for all three trophies with the squad we have.

3 minutes ago, ascender said:

So with Tav, can we drop him given just how many goals and assists he gets? Because that’s the stock response you get when you mention it as a possibility.

With Katic on loan and Helander out, who do we replace Goldson with?

Morelos has been pish for a while. He improved his all-round game last season, but was that at the expense of just letting him do what he does best which is terrorise defences?

Yes, we can drop Tavernier. I'm confident that Patterson will do a better job defensively and will be good enough in attack.

We will be stuck with Goldson for the rest of the season. The time to deal with him was in the summer. Goodness knows where he will end up now.

Morelos did a few different things in the past. Many of them quite good. He does none of that now and lost his edge a long time ago. He looks lazy and disinterested now. Worst of all he is being paid a fortune and will plod through the remainder of his contract.

On 20/11/2021 at 13:10, onevision said:

Hope your car breaksdown on way tomorrow

I wish the world broke down before that pathetic display.

Tav was useless today and the others weren't much better.

One of the worst performances I have ever seen from a Rangers team.  No fight, no ideas, nothing.  I said on 50 minutes it was over - they didn't look like they gave a shit.  

13 minutes ago, Biblio said:

Yes, the league cup is a distant fourth in our list of priorities.

We won't achieve any of our other goals with gutless displays like today.