[FT] Rangers 1 (Arfield 40) - 3 Hibernian

I think some of us need to chill a bit.

Today’s result was disappointing but at least the new manager got a good idea where many of our problems now lie.

Unlike last season we now concede too many cheap goals.Today I thought our goalkeeper looked guilty for the first two but other weeks others have been guilty too of defensive mistakes. This needs sorted out.

The new manager will make changes. Players will leave & his players will come in. I’m confident this will turn quickly. I thought Gerrard had overstayed his time here & this was a big factor of our poor thorn this season 

31 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

People were worried (hopeful) that Gerrard would come and raid us for players. Oh my sides are splitting. 

Although a couple of our players could play at that level I don't think either would help Villa much.

Despite that I pray for Gerrard to stay up late one night getting drunk. So drunk that he sends a fax to Ross Wilson offering to buy Goldson, Tavernier and Morelos.

Just now, ranger_syntax said:

Although a couple of our players could play at that level I don't think either would help Villa much.

Despite that I pray for Gerrard to stay up late one night getting drunk. So drunk that he sends a fax to Ross Wilson offering to buy Goldson, Tavernier and Morelos.

That would be funny, Gerrard trying to send a fax via his iPhone :P

17 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I think some of us need to chill a bit.

Today’s result was disappointing but at least the new manager got a good idea where many of our problems now lie.

Unlike last season we now concede too many cheap goals.Today I thought our goalkeeper looked guilty for the first two but other weeks others have been guilty too of defensive mistakes. This needs sorted out.

The new manager will make changes. Players will leave & his players will come in. I’m confident this will turn quickly. I thought Gerrard had overstayed his time here & this was a big factor of our poor thorn this season 

Today's result was more than disappointing, it was an embarrassment and as I said above, the players should hang their head in shame.

The League Final we lost 1-0 to a Celtics couple years back was a dissapoitment, a game where we played really well but lost. 

The manner of today's defeat is worrying. The manner some of the senior players have reacted to this defeat is worrying. 

The fact we have a goalkeeper who appears unable to make even a simple save is worrying. 

Letting the B Team staff take a cup semi final was baffling, given their inability to outthink coaches of the mighty Bo'ness United, Dalbeatie Star,  Cumbernauld, etc is worrying. 

I can (grudgingly) accept defeat if the players are honest and play to their abilities, today, they were an embarrassment to themselves, the club and the fans. 

25 minutes ago, ascender said:

When I was growing up, the league cup was the first chance to get a trophy and I was always excited about it - Gers teams always seemed right up for it too. A good chance to lay down a marker for the season and I’m sure it gives the players a lift too. We should be aiming for all three trophies with the squad we have.

I have to be honest and say I could not give a damn about the League Cup or the the Scottish Cup for that matter. They are nice additions but they are short cup competitions that any team can win (ie. St. Jonstone) and don't come close to what matters... winning the league and some signs of progress in Europe.

This is not being smart after the event. I just can't get worked about the cups unless we are playing the Tims or a treble is in the balance. 

1 hour ago, weebluedevil said:

Keeper in wrong position for the goals (repeated that several times) and didn't follow the instructions

Did he say anything about Tavernier chesting the ball back to our goal for the first?

Admittedly I don't know much about goalkeeping but I'm not sure what he was meant to do for the first one.

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Today's result was more than disappointing, it was an embarrassment and as I said above, the players should hang their head in shame.

The League Final we lost 1-0 to a Celtics couple years back was a dissapoitment, a game where we played really well but lost. 

The manner of today's defeat is worrying. The manner some of the senior players have reacted to this defeat is worrying. 

The fact we have a goalkeeper who appears unable to make even a simple save is worrying. 

Letting the B Team staff take a cup semi final was baffling, given their inability to outthink coaches of the mighty Bo'ness United, Dalbeatie Star,  Cumbernauld, etc is worrying. 

I can (grudgingly) accept defeat if the players are honest and play to their abilities, today, they were an embarrassment to themselves, the club and the fans. 

Not forcing to their goalie make a save in the 2nd half was a worry for me. We had 70% possession but ultimately did heehaw with it. At least if their keeper has a MOTM performance (like Foster did a few years back) you can at least say we were unlucky. Today we were just poor.

2 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

Goldson throwing Greegs under a bus in the post macth. 

2 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

Keeper in wrong position for the goals (repeated that several times) and didn't follow the instructions

I think he said 'people' rather than 'keeper'.