[FT] Rangers 1 (Arfield 40) - 3 Hibernian

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

So please Gio, give us a 3-4-3 or a 3-5-2 with true wingers, one DM (by today`s look, Jack or Lundstram) and at least two real strikers. Preferably Sakala and Roofe.

Gio is known to play 4-3-3 but with 2 "real" wingers. 

As for reverting to 3 at the back, we are struggling to find 2 decent centre halves, nevermind 3......

First goal McGregor has to come off his line and clear by either catching or punching, when he doesn't he has to at least come off line and block the shot.

Second Tavernier has to step up and play Boyle offside or at least make a better effort blocking his shot.

Third Davis makes a stupid challenge and it was a penalty.

7 hours ago, der Berliner said:

So please Gio, give us a 3-4-3 or a 3-5-2 with true wingers, one DM (by today`s look, Jack or Lundstram) and at least two real strikers. Preferably Sakala and Roofe.

I hate to break it to you, but GvB's preferred formations are 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1. It's one of the reasons he was signed.

I believe he tinkered with a back-three towards the end of his Feyenoord spell, though. And, I think he played a back-three with the Chinese side at times. 

I think it depends what he's learnt from Pep. 

52 minutes ago, onevision said:

First goal McGregor has to come off his line and clear by either catching or punching, when he doesn't he has to at least come off line and block the shot.

Second Tavernier has to step up and play Boyle offside or at least make a better effort blocking his shot.

Third Davis makes a stupid challenge and it was a penalty.

I think it was at 2-0 and another looping cross came in to the box, but it landed inside the 6 yard line and there was a bit of a stramash which we got away with. McGregor could have taken a step off his line and done something, anything to clear it. It might even have hit off him if he'd just come off his line but he didn't bother and we were lucky to get away with it.

I don't know if its a confidence thing or not, but he needs dropped. And I know I'm old fashioned, but the amount of rotating we did this season with him and McLaughlin seemed nuts given the sort of goals we were conceding. We got away with it last season but I've no idea why Gerrard did it this season.