[FT] Rangers 1 (Arfield 40) - 3 Hibernian

It is with the heaviest of hearts (!), and with no pleasure whatsoever, that I say,

'I told you so'.

20 hours ago, Uilleam said:
21 hours ago, Rousseau said:

The B-team coaches have been taking training, which is exactly the same as what Gerrard et al were doing, so I don't see any changes to the playing side of things. 

20 hours ago, Uilleam said:

We're fucked, then.

On the positive side:

what does not kill us makes us stronger;

now, the only way is up.

11 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

It is with the heaviest of hearts (!), and with no pleasure whatsoever, that I say,

'I told you so'.

On the positive side:

what does not kill us makes us stronger;

now, the only way is up.

I agreed with you.

I couldn't believe the optimism, relatively speaking, in the predictions for this game. 

We were sh*te going into the game, and without a proper manager we lacked that ability to change things in-game. 

It was inevitable. 

I have absolute faith that GvB will correct the defensive frailties, but I do worry about the offensive side of things, and tactically. From what I've read, he's quite bland and conservative. 

My optimism is based on a faint hope that GvB's learnt something from Pep in those 5 months. 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

hope that GvB's learnt from Pep in those 5 months.

I hope that he learned enough from those 90 minutes at Hampden to enable us to make a fist of the fixture on Thursday night. 

Note that I am neither holding my breath, nor investing any money on that proposition. 

To put a positive spin on things, going forward into a difficult month of fixtures, I think it might be a good thing if GvB can make us solid and difficult to beat, so we can get through this month without dropping too many points. 

Make us difficult to beat, and rely on our superior quality, which we undoubtedly have (I don't know where it is, but it's there! Somewhere... surely?!), to get the points. 

However, I'm not sure how quickly he can implement his style? We don't have much time.

8 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

I hope that he learned enough from those 90 minutes at Hampden to enable us to make a fist of the fixture on Thursday night. 

Note that I am neither holding my breath, nor investing any money on that proposition. 

To be honest, I had written off Europe when we lost to Malmo. 

The League is the most important. 

9 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

If it's any consolation...Sparta got cuffed 4-0 at the weekend and have key players missing.