[FT] Rangers 1 (Arfield 40) - 3 Hibernian

Whilst McLaughlin isn't at that elite level where he regularly pulls-off world class saves, he's a very good top-level keeper who hasn't let us down. He's also much better and faster at distributing the ball than McGregor.

I think its a bit of a catch 22 at the moment where not having a settled back line is affecting the keeper and the defenders. On top of that, there's something off with McGregor - it could be age, it could just be confidence, but its clearly not working for him, so I'd put McLaughlin back in there asap.

I wouldn't be surprised if GVB's team finds a young-ish Dutch keeper by next season who will be our new number 1 along with a CB or two.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

You can understand the reluctance to want to see McGregor dropped. For many fans it feels like disloyalty to a great club servant. However, the very best managers take these difficult decisions in their stride and one thing that marks out Gerrard's tenure has been his apparent reluctance to address approaching storms before they arrive. McGregor is one, the captaincy is another. Then there's the decline of Morelos and Davis, the reluctance to allow Patterson to develop as he could, and more. The result has been a squad that's become stale and has lost it's dynamism. It's not about money for recruitment, this has always been the hallmark of the inexperienced manager.

Your only as good as your last game if he's lost his edge get rid of him 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

You can understand the reluctance to want to see McGregor dropped. For many fans it feels like disloyalty to a great club servant. However, the very best managers take these difficult decisions in their stride and one thing that marks out Gerrard's tenure has been his apparent reluctance to address approaching storms before they arrive. McGregor is one, the captaincy is another. Then there's the decline of Morelos and Davis, the reluctance to allow Patterson to develop as he could, and more. The result has been a squad that's become stale and has lost it's dynamism. It's not about money for recruitment, this has always been the hallmark of the inexperienced manager.

You hit the nail on the head in this post.  I've been saying all of that for most of the season.

On 21/11/2021 at 22:25, ascender said:

I take it we're just going to gloss over Goldson's interview after the game? Probably for the best.

For me, the most telling thing about Goldson's interview was that it should have been our captain who faced the media after a humiliation like that. But it's been a long time since we had a captain at Rangers.