[FT] Rangers 1 (Arfield 40) - 3 Hibernian

From another place. (Let’s be fair. It’s FF)

Arthur Numan admits he was astonished by Connor Goldson's post-match comments after Rangers crashed out of the Premier Sports Cup on Sunday.

He said: “To lose a semi-final in that way was unacceptable. I can't believe the manner of the defeat. I was then even more surprised by Connor Goldson's comments in his interview on television at full-time.

“For a Rangers player to say the game was over at half-time when the team are 3-1 down was an astonishing admission.

“To also say that the team has lost a bit if hunger was equally alarming. How can you have lost a bit of hunger when you have won one trophy in three seasons?

“Yes, I get that the trophy was one of the most important in the club's history and Steven Gerrard and the players will always be remembered for it.

“But you need to go and win again. And again. And again. And again. Rangers is about winning silverware on a regular basis. If you don't have the hunger and desire to do that then you should be asked to leave or be sold on.”

Well said, Arthur.  Richard Gough made a similar statement about Goldson's post-match interview. 

The line from Follow Follow should be pinned to the dressing room wall, "We will fight til the day is done." 

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

From another place. (Let’s be fair. It’s FF)

Arthur Numan admits he was astonished by Connor Goldson's post-match comments after Rangers crashed out of the Premier Sports Cup on Sunday.

He said: “To lose a semi-final in that way was unacceptable. I can't believe the manner of the defeat. I was then even more surprised by Connor Goldson's comments in his interview on television at full-time.

“For a Rangers player to say the game was over at half-time when the team are 3-1 down was an astonishing admission.

“To also say that the team has lost a bit if hunger was equally alarming. How can you have lost a bit of hunger when you have won one trophy in three seasons?

“Yes, I get that the trophy was one of the most important in the club's history and Steven Gerrard and the players will always be remembered for it.

“But you need to go and win again. And again. And again. And again. Rangers is about winning silverware on a regular basis. If you don't have the hunger and desire to do that then you should be asked to leave or be sold on.”

Absolutely bang on Mr Numan. I found Sundays defeat hard to stomach as it was, to then hear this was said afterwards sickened me. I'm never one for having a go at our own but it'll be interesting to see what reception Goldson gets tomorrow.... if he plays

Tony Weston scored a hatrick for the youths in European tie v  Septemvri Sofia today - straight into Thursday's squad? He has scored some amount of goals this season....

Whilst the above is tongue in cheek, Gio did say age would be no barrier to the 1st team squad. 

On 23/11/2021 at 10:18, Rousseau said:

Against? Jeez. 

Either we're conceding very big chances, letting in soft chances that should never go in or we're extremely unlucky. Mix of all, probably. 

Either way, it's not good. 

To only allow 6 shots on target in three games is actually good going, though - If I'm understanding you correctly. We just need to cut out the p*sh. 

here is a post on the actual stats. Mental frankly. 

Posted a thread recently saying we had lost 12 goals from the last 16 shots on target. Thought that was bad enough.

Looking at it further we have lost 6 goals in the last 3 games while facing 5 shots on target. Takes a bit of doing.

It is also 7 from 7, 9 from 10 and 10 from 12.

F.ucking ridiculous.