Graeme Murty Leaving Rangers

13 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Has any of them performed at a high level elsewhere? Not Plymouth or Hull or the like. I can’t think of a player let go who has caused me bitter regret that Rangers had lost a diamond.

I was annoyed when John Fleck and Charlie Adam were let go.

It's not so much "[losing] a diamond", for me; It's losing good squad players. 

Players like Chris Burke, Ross McCormack, Barrie McKay, Lewis Macleod, Kal Naismith, Jamie Ness, Ryan Hardie, Ross McCrorie. 

They're not world-class, but they're decent. We could use them, as squad players - until we get a decent offer for them. 

• Frankie changed the title to Graeme Murty Leaving Rangers

Both Patterson and kelly are attracting serious attention from other clubs and theyve hardly kicked a ball this season,  speaks volumes.  Given our financial situation it makes perfect sense to look at our own up and coming players but gerrard never seen it as an option.  Hope Gio gives our youth a chance, you never know you just might find a few gems in there.

On 20/11/2021 at 19:42, Scott7 said:

Has any of them performed at a high level elsewhere? Not Plymouth or Hull or the like. I can’t think of a player let go who has caused me bitter regret that Rangers had lost a diamond.

Maybe we should have moved heaven and earth to keep that young Gilmour lad 

7 hours ago, gisabeer said:

Both Patterson and kelly are attracting serious attention from other clubs and theyve hardly kicked a ball this season,  speaks volumes.  Given our financial situation it makes perfect sense to look at our own up and coming players but gerrard never seen it as an option.  Hope Gio gives our youth a chance, you never know you just might find a few gems in there.

I know of Everton making a derisory bid for Patterson.

Who's in for Kelly? 

23 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Can’t remember what Chelsea offered him but it was well above what we were paying him. Money talks. That’s why he left 

Yes, I don't think we had much of a chance. 

It made sense to keep in their good books. 

I feel it's something we have to do ourselves: flex our muscles in that way. 

Rangers have to win every match but can't afford to pay 16/17 year olds 5-10k a week, whereas Chelsea can afford a huge squad of first team stars and well-paid potential stars (most of whom get loaned out).

That's the reality of it.

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Rangers have to win every match but can't afford to pay 16/17 year olds 5-10k a week, whereas Chelsea can afford a huge squad of first team stars and well-paid potential stars (most of whom get loaned out).

That's the reality of it.

According to Wikipedia, Chelsea currently have 22 players out on loan.