The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

On we go ... James Sands

#MLS al centro del mercato. I #RangersFC in trattativa per prendere il difensore classe 2000 James Sands in prestito dal #NYCFCMLS_2021_NYC_extend.png. I dettagli su

A New York City (their young player of the year), 21-year old centre-back who can also play RB. Contract till 2026, but said to be aiming for Europe, loan with buy option rumoured.

IMG-20211229-WA0000.jpg

This sounds like a GvB pick; he spent 6 month studying with City Group, of which New York are a 'member', like Man City.

I'm not convinced it's the right move to let managers pick players, per se.

I can only conclude that the lad fits our profile anyway, so it's not a deviation from how things should work.  

3 hours ago, Rousseau said:

This sounds like a GvB pick; he spent 6 month studying with City Group, of which New York are a 'member', like Man City.

I'm not convinced it's the right move to let managers pick players, per se.

I can only conclude that the lad fits our profile anyway, so it's not a deviation from how things should work.  

Not the right move to let managers pick players? 🥺

16 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Not the right move to let managers pick players? 🥺

"Pick" is the wrong word: of course managers should have the final say. 

My point is that managers shouldn't be scouting players that only fit with their own style. The club (DoF) has to take control here; scouting players that fit the club's style. Otherwise, we need complete rebuilds with every manager, which is wildly unsustainable (e.g. Pedro's Mexican contingent). 

Moreover, manager's themselves must now be chosen because they fit the club's style, which was the case with GvB; it just fits. 

This target seems like a GvB choice.

Saying that, the lad may fit the club's profile; in which case, no issues.