The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

50 minutes ago, CammyF said:

IMG-20220106-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20220106-WA0001.jpg

Positive update. Doekhi would be an excellent signing, Souttar would be good depending on a couple of things. Olsen I just can’t see happening, signing a player like that from Serie A isn’t cheap. I would have thought there were better value options out there. 

"Giovanni van Bronckhorst glad to land versatile James Sands"

I see that we got JS from Ronnie 'The Dildo' Deila. That pleases me almost as much as it will displease the fhilth.

He seems to be a versatile player, so I suppose we might call him 'Shifting Sands'.

FOOTBALL

Giovanni van Bronckhorst glad to land versatile James Sands

Ben Palmer

Thursday January 06 2022, 12.01am, The Times

Football

Rangers’ new signing Sands in action for New York City in the MLS

Rangers’ new signing Sands in action for New York City in the MLS

IRA L. BLACK/CORBIS/GETTY IMAGES

Giovanni van Bronckhorst said that James Sands’ versatility was a factor in Rangers’ decision to sign the United States international.

The 21-year-old has moved to Ibrox on an initial 18-month loan from New York City and Rangers have an option to buy the player at the end of his loan.

Sands can play in both defence and midfield, has seven caps for the United States and recently played in New York’s MLS Cup final victory against Portland Timbers under the stewardship of former Celtic manager Ronny Deila.

“James is a player who I have been aware of for some time,” Van Bronckhorst, the Rangers manager, said. “His versatility was a big attraction and I’ve been impressed with his attitude and mentality in the games that I have watched recently.

“He is a talented young player with areas of his game which we will endeavour to develop through our coaching. I am looking forward to getting him onto the pitch and starting to work with him.”

Sands made his international debut in last year’s Gold Cup and was a regular as the United States reached the final, in which they beat Mexico. Despite his contract at New York City running until the summer of 2026, his parent club did not want to stand in the way of his ambition to play in Europe.

“I’m very excited to be joining Rangers Football Club,” Sands said. “It is an incredible opportunity for me to join a club with such a winning history and worldwide fan base.

“I’m looking forward to joining an ambitious and talented group of players and coaches.
I am certain Rangers will progress me as both a player and as a person. I would also like to thank NYCFC for the role they have played in my development so far.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/giovanni-van-bronckhorst-glad-to-land-versatile-james-sands-692qxqz2v

10 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

"Giovanni van Bronckhorst glad to land versatile James Sands"

I see that we got JS from Ronnie 'The Dildo' Deila. That pleases me almost as much as it will displease the fhilth.

He seems to be a versatile player, so I suppose we might call him 'Shifting Sands'.

Yes, but is he Quick Sands?

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Someone on FF saying they’ve spoken to someone close to Souttar and he’s likely going to go down south because the offers are much better than ours. 

Depends on his ambition and belief in himself. 

He may well only have 6 or so years left in him though so money may lead him south. 

If so it's not like he is irreplaceable. 

Edited by the gunslinger