The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

39 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

According to The Times, no longer a paper of record, mind,

"A quick recap of Souttar’s tribulations: early in 2017 it was an achilles tendon rupture; in 2018 a hip injury; in 2019 an ankle issue; in 2020 another damaged achilles and then just two months after recovering, the same injury yet again."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rangers-blackburn-rovers-or-sheffield-united-john-souttar-has-suitors-to-choose-from-c7vdtpq2h

Overall, seems a bit of a punt. 

He hasn't, it seems, had a major knee injury; inevitably, that will change if he joins us. 

Assuming you're not rushed back (I'm guessing because the Achilles has a really poor blood supply so can take a much longer time to heal properly), there's a pretty low recurrence rate of achilles injuries. He did one, then did the other but was possibly not ready to comeback hence the recurrence. Or maybe it was a different injury.

Every player's a risk and then you have luck to throw in to the bargain too, so who knows. I think he's a good signing and given injuries and Goldson going, he has a chance to set himself up to be our first choice CB.

1 hour ago, ascender said:

Assuming you're not rushed back (I'm guessing because the Achilles has a really poor blood supply so can take a much longer time to heal properly), there's a pretty low recurrence rate of achilles injuries. He did one, then did the other but was possibly not ready to comeback hence the recurrence. Or maybe it was a different injury.

Every player's a risk and then you have luck to throw in to the bargain too, so who knows. I think he's a good signing and given injuries and Goldson going, he has a chance to set himself up to be our first choice CB.

Signing ? Has Souttar signed yet. I’d guess he’d have to go through a pretty stringent medical first b4 Rangers or anyone signs him

29 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Signing ? Has Souttar signed yet. I’d guess he’d have to go through a pretty stringent medical first b4 Rangers or anyone signs him

Heard he is due medical tomorrow. 

38 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Heard he is due medical tomorrow. 

I saw this rumour and I’m a bit skeptical. Robbie neilson was on a podcast yesterday/last night and said it would take a crazy bid for them to sell in this window, and he still hoped he would stay and he wasn’t aware of anything in terms of him

leaving. Things can move fast but I’d be a wee bit surprised if they moved that fast. 

5 hours ago, gisabeer said:

Cant disagree with any of that Frankie but like Davis he should have been let go at the end of last season.  Fantastic servants to the club but I fell we held on to then longer than we should have.

It was ridiculous to retain Defoe beyond the end of last season. I was disappointed in Gerrard’s judgement and suspect it had more to do with his relationship with Defoe rather than his obligation to Rangers. 

11 hours ago, der Berliner said:

It`s being rumoured that Souttar was in Glasgow today with club officials. We shall see ...

I still think it’s people guessing when they heard tours were cancelled this afternoon, which is apparently due to building work. I would be very surprised if Neilson was so in the dark only the day before it’s done and dusted. 

Edited by DMAA

Birmingham live reporting that Aston Villa and Arsenal looking to sign  Kamara.  10 mill plus easy there.     Selling two players for well over 20 million that that cost us 50k would be a fantastic peice of business!

5 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Birmingham live reporting that Aston Villa and Arsenal looking to sign  Kamara.  10 mill plus easy there.     Selling two players for well over 20 million that that cost us 50k would be a fantastic peice of business!

He's under contract until 2025, so there will be no selling on the cheap, no matter what we bought him for.