The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

Sorry but Calvin Bassey is nowhere near good enough as a central defender. He's done OK and might be receiving praise because he stepped into the breech and did better than generally expected but he never will be the solution. He might be the LB we need - that remains to be seen but it clearly is his position. The truth is the squad as a whole needs ongoing development and that won't happen by 'making do'. However, I do agree our priorities lie in midfield, which seems to have lost the balance of last season.

Let's remember that our new manager will want his own players brought in over next few transfer windows. 

The team / squad is in relatively good shape, but we do need to improve. 

This will inevitably mean players will move to allow us to bring in new players.

I mentioned Borna as he was brilliant for the style of football SG played where, IMO he isn't as suited to Gios style. He might be one player who the new manager may see as someone who can bring in much needed money/funds. There may well be one or two more.

All just my opinion but over next few windows we'll need to face the fact that our team / squad will change and hopefully for the better. 

Edited by CammyF

Could we afford to sell Morelos just now , a Geordie friend yesterday at the races told me Leeds may be preparing a move as their main striker has a long term injury,  maybe he was pulling my chain 🤨

2 hours ago, compo said:

Could we afford to sell Morelos just now , a Geordie friend yesterday at the races told me Leeds may be preparing a move as their main striker has a long term injury,  maybe he was pulling my chain 🤨

If Morelos left we’d have a big problem unless Roofe was fit.

Privately I don’t think GvB sees Sakala & Itten as what he wants 

3 hours ago, compo said:

Every player has their price and if a team meets or exceeds our valuation for Alfie then he will leave. The important aspect us who we have lined up as a replacement as Roofe, Fashion and or Itten won't replace Alfie.

52 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Various reports saying a deal has been made and Souttar will be a Rangers player in next couple of days. 

There are players who we are interested in that simply wont be available at this moment ,either due to the club they are at having not secured a replacement or because they simply have too many players and need to move some on , the entire transfer market is quiet , everyone needs to calm down .

I still believe Souttar would improve us and is worth a decent fee. Whether Hearts are willing to accept one is the question. I’d have thought they’d be keen to cash in and reinvest while there’s still a chance but conference league qualification complicates things.