The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

8 hours ago, craig said:

Is this lad actually any good ?

Good for Danish national side which is very strong at the moment. Plays as a right winger but loves to cut inside. Bologna play a 3-5-2 and use him at RWB which doesn't suit. He would tear it up for us playing against park the bus. Loves cutting inside and shooting from the edge of the box. Will happily take a man on and commit. About 6"2 so a decent size. Not Sakala fast but not a slouch either.  

Don't think we will get him in the end up but if we have 5 million to spend I'd roll the dice on this guy. We will likely lose Aribo and Kent in the summer if they don't renew so we would be gambling slightly but this guy is a good option.

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Like many such players he shows up in flashes but in my view he's far too passive.  At Pittodrie last week, he helped create the goal but seemed to struggle through the game with his positioning. 

As an impact player from the bench, I don't mind him so much but I don't think we can rely on him as a starter.  That's maybe a wee bit unfair as he's not had a proper chance but c'est la vie.

I think that's fair enough. Good player to have on the bench. 

He may well improve to becoming a starter but he isn't exactly a kid. 

23 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I think that's fair enough. Good player to have on the bench. 

He may well improve to becoming a starter but he isn't exactly a kid. 

Its a squad game and every team needs a guy that will start a handful of games a year and make an impact off the bench. OGS at Man U is the most famous example of this but its a squad game and Wright is a good squad player. I don't think he is good enough to start every week.

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Worth noting I don't think he was ever meant to be anything more than that. It's all he was at Aberdeen after all. 

Indeed but I think the frustration is that we can all see the potential the lad has, if he could develop more consistency.  

30 minutes ago, onevision said:

Wright has performed best coming on as an impact player although in saying that his impact usually lasts around about ten minutes then he fades.

Wright seems to be the whipping boy at the moment.  Kent over the piece has been poor as has hagi but avoid criticism and get picked regardless of their poor form.  Wright on the other hand has to fight for every minute on the park and if he plays half as bad as the others he gets dropped.   

28 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Wright seems to be the whipping boy at the moment.  Kent over the piece has been poor as has hagi but avoid criticism and get picked regardless of their poor form.  Wright on the other hand has to fight for every minute on the park and if he plays half as bad as the others he gets dropped.   

By George, I think you might have stumbled on something .... the truth 😉

52 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Kent has been very poor this season from the standards i would expect of him. He cost us a massive transfer fee, is out of contract year after this and doesnt look like renewing. Currently we may struggle to make our money back on him. And yes he should be getting more spotlight than some others. Hagi also been very poor compared to last season. Hagi has great potential but as time goes I'm not sure it will be realised. He always seems to do things in flashes and moments but for the most part stumbling about and playing bad passes. And I'm a massive fan of Hagi in general.

I just feel Wright has contributed better coming off the bench rather than starting. Not sure how that's whipping. Its a squad game not everyone is going to contribute like Tav/Goldson/Morelos. We need some squad fillers. Every team does.