The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

10 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Again with the pragmatism...but where do you see him fitting into the system Gio has been playing? Arfields position? I presume he play in an advanced role in front of Kamara?  

Ramsey can play as a #6 or #8. 

Therefore, he fits into both of GvB's preferred formations: a #6 in a double pivot with Kamara in the 4-2-3-1; or an #8 in the 4-3-3.  

He can also play as a #10, but I think it'll be the two above roles he'll play.  

17 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

We have obviously been a bit short term in our thinking this window. I can understand and get behind that this window but we shouldn't make a habit of it. 

A bit, but we've also got Sands, Zukowski and Souttar, who are long-term acquisitions. 

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I, for one, was always confident we'd get Ramsey. 

I just didn't want to jinx it with bad juju.

I never doubted it for a second. 

NOT A SECOND!!

It was certainly obvious it wasn't a run of the mill Scottish press rumour. i.e. made up. 

Good window from the club. Moved a few on and made a few good moves for the short term and left possibilities open for longer term.

Sands, Soutter and the Polish lad will be good from the summer. Sands may feature now and again this season but we have now real midfield quality. 

Diallo is a bit short term but then Hagis injury is short term so that was a sensible move, and probably an upgrade for the coming months if we are honest about Hagi's form this year.

Ramsey is a very short term move with no real chance of being longer due to his wage. But we had a need, the club filled it. Spent a bit of cash doing so but its worth it if no alternatives were available on permanent deals.  I would imagine we tried for some given the timing of the Ramsey transfer.

We will sell a few bodies in the summer and have a pot of gold to spend CL or no CL. This is a pragmatic approach from the board and backroom team. Even if we don't win the league this year I don't think many of us can complain we didn't back the manager or the club didn't make moves to improve us.

A bit of a lift after Dingwall too.

Onwards and upwards :)

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I, for one, was always confident we'd get Ramsey. 

I just didn't want to jinx it with bad juju... 

I never doubted it for a second. 

NOT A SECOND!!

I was wondering where you'd disappeared to yesterday after trying to get us back onto more realistic targets 😀