The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

5 hours ago, ian1964 said:

If you look back at the chances created against us since Gio came in I think you will see the majority of these chances come from Barisic not blocking the cross!

I will watch out for that from now on.  Funny how we pick up on some things but not others.

17 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

I will watch out for that from now on.  Funny how we pick up on some things but not others.

Last years 2 2 draw against hibs and a carbon copy at ibrox this year sticks in my mind the most.   Its definitely a weak spot in his game.

37 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Last years 2 2 draw against hibs and a carbon copy at ibrox this year sticks in my mind the most.   Its definitely a weak spot in his game.

I would agree with you there but all the players have their weaknesses.

51 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Fullbacks are not able to get stop all crosses coming in. None of our best were able to do that, and none today will be able to do that. It is somewhat "interesting" that Barisic is being somewhat put under the microscope, while Tavernier gets a way with far worse - from a defensive point of view. Against Hearts he missed a long diagonal ball towards Mackay, who then turned him inside out and send a shot away that hit the outside of the post. A bit later, he let another chap slip in behind him in the area, who then managed to send a cross into the 6-yard box who was met with a weakish header. The game afterwards, Tavernier had about 50 % of his crosses hitting the first man. "But his overall play" and all that doesn`t really cut it with me. And if he`s the reason that out best prospect and talent ventures to pastures new, well well ...

Anyway, this is the transfer thread and we can do our opinionating about this or that play elsewhere. I just hope that our main assets will all go for no less than 10m - hopefully 10m plus. Obviously, I hope that none leaves and we snatch 56, as that will set us very straight financially, with all the guaranteed CL income.