The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

11 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Souttar maybe a bit of a risk given his injury record?

Yeah, think players like that are not worth it in the long run. Then there is the question mark over his ability. Is he good enough for us?

We know Roofe, Jack and Helander are despite injury issues. But its frustrating to not have them fit for half the season.

59 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yeah, think players like that are not worth it in the long run. Then there is the question mark over his ability. Is he good enough for us?

We know Roofe, Jack and Helander are despite injury issues. But its frustrating to not have them fit for half the season.

Course he is good enough; ball playing centre back. Shown great resilience to come back and we cannot lose on a Bosman.

Souttar on a pre-contract sounds like good business, to me. 

Best case scenario, he's a capable ball-playing CB that can play in our team for the next 10 years. 

Worse case, he plays a handful of games because of injury and we release him after his contract. 

I had a look this morning an up until his injuries, he played a decent amount of games every season and has done so far this season. The achilles issues have a fairly low risk of reoccurring if the player had a proper recovery phase and wasn't rushed back, so I'm not sure how much of a risk he actually is given the amount of games we play each year and the expected rotation because of it.

He seems to have had actual injuries and recovered from them rather than being in and out with niggling injuries regularly if that makes sense? I still think he'd be a worthwhile signing all things considered.

As others have said though, its frustrating with guys like Roofe, Helander etc.

Edited by ascender