The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

Rangers have been once again mentioned alongside Croatian international and Rijeka right-winger Robert Muric – but this time to claim we haven’t moved for the ex-Ajax player this January.

https://www.rangersnews.uk/transfer-news/rangers-link-to-2-5m-rated-ex-ajax-winger-rubbished-by-local-media/

[Sorry -- I had to clean that post up -- Rousseau]

9 hours ago, DMAA said:

I didn't think it would come to that. The only real incentive for Hearts to sell now is if they can re-invest in a new signing in this window. Otherwise they are as well keeping him to try and secure 3rd place the conference league money. 

They're 8 points clear of Motherwell, 10 clear of Hibs and 11 clear of Aberdeen.  Their own fans have been saying he is their 3rd best CB this season..... they "should" have enough to secure 3rd without him - but that £500k would give them much more wiggle room to strengthen in the summer.

Personally, I wouldnt mind seeing him come in but after they play Celtic tomorrow night.   

3 hours ago, rbr said:

I must be totally honest here , I see nothing in any of his youtube clips that show any reason for spending any serious money on this guy , he must have a Carlsberg agent or something , 3 games for us without beating an entire team from our own goialline and this guy will be branded a dud .

Kent has been amazing for us yet he is still given dogs abuse , I hope im wrong on this one .

Just a tad of an over-reaction here.  I am a big, big fan of Ryan Kent - but amazing isnt a word I would use for him whilst at us.  Vey good ?  Sure.  Excellent ?  At times, yes.  Amazing ?  Nope, that is reserved (in my mind) for players like Laudrup and Gascoigne.  It is a superlative too far for me :D

11 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Scott Wright isn't good enough, in my opinion.  

Like many such players he shows up in flashes but in my view he's far too passive.  At Pittodrie last week, he helped create the goal but seemed to struggle through the game with his positioning. 

As an impact player from the bench, I don't mind him so much but I don't think we can rely on him as a starter.  That's maybe a wee bit unfair as he's not had a proper chance but c'est la vie.