The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

On 05/12/2021 at 15:14, compo said:

If we dont sell some players we may have to hope Santa brings us some new staff because I dont think there is much in the kitty.

So give me three to flog who would you sell .

Okay, I’ll bite…..

1. Morelos 8m

2. Kent  15m

3. Kamara 12m

by the way I like all three, especially Kent. I’d have preferred to sell Alfie when there was an alleged 16m on the table for him, but I wouldn’t buy him for half of that so, that’s what I feel I’d let him go for. Kent is worth 15m at least and Kamara much the same maybe a bit less. We already have Roofe\Sakala to compensate the first two and Jack who feels like a new signing to replace Kamara. 35m for all three would kick start our PTM. 

Tin hat time. 

6 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

Okay, I’ll bite…..

1. Morelos 8m

2. Kent  15m

3. Kamara 12m

by the way I like all three, especially Kent. I’d have preferred to sell Alfie when there was an alleged 16m on the table for him, but I wouldn’t buy him for half of that so, that’s what I feel I’d let him go for. Kent is worth 15m at least and Kamara much the same maybe a bit less. We already have Roofe\Sakala to compensate the first two and Jack who feels like a new signing to replace Kamara. 35m for all three would kick start our PTM. 

Tin hat time. 

I think hagi and kamara might go and I'd expect 20 mill for the pair.   I'd also get itten back.  He got a re deal from gerrard in my eyes.

As I was watching the Villa-Leicester game, I noticed that there were three positions that were not doing quite what SG wants. 

The LCM kept dawdling on the ball and never won it back either - Kamara would slot in perfectly. 

Their two #10s were incapable of beating a player, to give them territory - Kent would slot in nicely.  

And, then their Full-backs were not as offensive as they need to be - Although Matty Cash would be considered a better player than Tavernier, I think the latter fits better in their team. (They had Ashley Young at LB too, who Barisic could replace.)

If those three were to go, I'd be expecting £40-50M. 

5 hours ago, gisabeer said:

I think hagi and kamara might go and I'd expect 20 mill for the pair.

Playing like they're in a "pub team" in December and then being sold for millions in January.

That would be quite something.

I imagine it'll be Paterson we sell. Whatever we get for him will be all profit, it doesn't weaken the starting 11 and there seems to be genuine interest in him from clubs with money. Selling Paterson alone should put us into profit for this financial year and allow us to sign some players in January, albeit probably Bosmans. 

52 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I imagine it'll be Paterson we sell. Whatever we get for him will be all profit, it doesn't weaken the starting 11 and there seems to be genuine interest in him from clubs with money. Selling Paterson alone should put us into profit for this financial year and allow us to sign some players in January, albeit probably Bosmans. 

Agree with this. From the boys perspective, he is not playing for us and teams have offered good money for him and will likely pay him far better than us. If anyone comes in for him gut feel he is gone.

Also the way Aribo is playing can see him going to EPL. The lower-mid tier of EPL transfers will probably kick start this winter now that things are getting back to some normality. A Watford/Leeds/Southampton for example could quite easily splash £15 million on him. Not sure we knock that back given his contract is running down.

How we deal with transfers (in and out) may well depend on how we deal with the fixtures between now and the winter break.

Maintain our lead at the top of the table then changes may be kept to a minimum (e.g. no Aribo, Kent or Kamara leaving).  Lose that lead then either the board may wish to cash in such chips to not only help financially but to enable the new manager to bring in players he thinks could rescue the league.

There will be interest so it's shaping up to be an important eight weeks for Ross Wilson and Andy Scoulding.

My priority players to keep would be Kamara and Aribo. That’s not to say I don’t care about others but I wouldn’t like to lose either of them. We do need to start selling players and the contract situations of some are worrying. Morelos and Kent will both be going into their final year in the summer and we should be looking to get money for them before we have another Goldson situation on our hands. 

Fans always view selling players as a bad thing but it should be an opportunity to improve, the recruitment team need to step up and prove that. Celtic found Jota in the summer and have a set price to buy him at the end of the season and frankly from what I’ve seen of him he would have been an improvement on Kent. We can’t be afraid to take risks and use the transfer market to our advantage. 

Edited by DMAA