The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

11 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I really don't think there's much in it. Tav gets the game time and is therefore match fitter.

From a medium term footballing viewpoint, it's a backwards move as Patterson could be our RB for the next 10 years, but we need the cash now and we need to win the league this season and Tav is the safer bet, so Patterson has to go, but I'm gutted about it.

Of course if Tav was out injured nobody would have any worries about NP stepping in, and I'm certain we wouldn't miss Tav too much, however both SG & Gio obviously think Tav is best just now otherwise NP would have replaced Tav by now. 

As I said mate it is the right thing to do at this time IMO, the way I'm looking at it is the club earn good money and we are not weakening the 1st team too much!.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I'm reluctant to let him go, but that fee, alongside the sell-on clause, is too good to turn down. 

Does that cover our outgoings this year? I can't remember. 

I would hope to see some of the cash made available to GvB, though. 

We need some wingers. 

Whatever happened to honour thy debtors 😁

It’s a good deal for us, selling Patterson, but I do wonder if Everton are the right club for him to be going to at the moment 

Hopefully we won’t need to sell anyone else but I’d be amazed if we didn’t get enquiries for others.

it's a no-brainer in the sense that Tav would not yield so much in terms of fees received. If Sky is right and the deal could go as high as £16m then it's a good deal for us, Scotland and I think Everton, who will get a quality replacment for Seamus Coleman. Still I am disappointed that a good Scotland player is again leaving Rangers.

In select sellik circles -those poor souls addicted to deludamol and mutual masturbation-  the actual fee for Nathan P is revealed as £1M, with up to £2M in add-ons. Apparently the Club has accepted this fee in order that it may keep the lights on. 

I am almost convinced, me. 

Edited by Uilleam

5 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

It’s a good deal for us, selling Patterson, but I do wonder if Everton are the right club for him to be going to at the moment 

Tbh, who cares? Once he's gone, he's gone and our concerns should focus on those who stay.

Edited by Bill