The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

3 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Their obsession with our finances never fails to amaze me.  

When they buy or sell a player, a flippant comment is about as much as I can muster.

One tweet I saw from a Celtic fan / blog had us £117M in debt. Wasn't worried about the state of our finances until I read that 🤷‍♂️😀

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Tbh, who cares? Once he's gone, he's gone and our concerns should focus on those who stay.

Further payments will be triggered by appearances and any future sale so we should remain interested to an extent.

Some payments might even be triggered for his international appearances.  Hard to imagine him kept out of the Scotch team if he is playing for Everton regularly.

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Further payments will be triggered by appearances and any future sale so we should remain interested to an extent.

Some payments might even be triggered for his international appearances.  Hard to imagine him kept out of the Scotch team if he is playing for Everton regularly.

I expect the bulk of it depends on them staying up. 

Rumour:

OUT - Morelos 

Apparently Newcastle, Everton and Leicester all interested for around £20m Evening Times Link

If true the fee could rise, with 3 clubs interested. I'd take it tbh, if we dont his head could get turned again then we have an unhappy Morelos for the rest of the season. Better to take the cash and with the Patterson money as well there would surely be some funds made available for a decent replacement.

17 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I'd rip your hand off for £20M for Morelos.

In the summer I would. Not now. Crucial period coming up and that CL spot is very big for us financially. Sakala is still hit and miss, Roofe is struggling with his fitness (that idea of deciding to take up international football at 28 was a great one).

Goldson, Kamara, Aribo and Morelos are the 4 we need to keep to win the league this year. Sell in the summer for 3 of them if we must. Obviously Connor will walk in the summer regardless.

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

In the summer I would. Not now. Crucial period coming up and that CL spot is very big for us financially. Sakala is still hit and miss, Roofe is struggling with his fitness (that idea of deciding to take up international football at 28 was a great one).

Goldson, Kamara, Aribo and Morelos are the 4 we need to keep to win the league this year. Sell in the summer for 3 of them if we must. Obviously Connor will walk in the summer regardless.

I would sell him at that price. If we keep him and his form dips we won't get that fee in the summer. Clubs haven't exactly been queueing up to pay that kind of money for him. Porto and Lille were offering about half what's quoted here.