The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

22 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Course he is good enough; ball playing centre back. Shown great resilience to come back and we cannot lose on a Bosman.

I think we have lost on the Lundstram bosman. Reportedly 30k+ a week and doesn't fit into our team anywhere. 

He(Soutter) is a good ball player but has a tendency to switch off(Aribos goal at Tynecastle a good example). The injury record is the main concern though. 

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

1 minute ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think we have lost on the Lundstram bosman. Reportedly 30k+ a week and doesn't fit into our team anywhere. 

He(Soutter) is a good ball player but has a tendency to switch off(Aribos goal at Tynecastle a good example). The injury record is the main concern though. 

not if we sell him for 3 million. etc

A few "defensive" things ...

- James Sands arrived in Scotland and Rangers without a fan or reporter even noticing it. (Though someone having hospitality treatment at Ibrox yesterday was adamant that he saw Sands, et even our German admin refrained from posting the info from this FB group chat.) Some feat by the club.

- Helander, Balogun, Simpson ... have had their troubles this season, and Balogun`s and Goldson`s contracts end this summer. Whether the Patterson etc. money will allow us to be more flexible in the wages structure (if we actually want that to happen) remains to be seen.

- Bassey has been used as a CH of late and that side of defence looks okay and will probably get better, not least with Barisic getting back to his best.

- James Sands is a CH by trade and can step straight into the team (though he might get a few sub appearances to get used to the Scottish game first).

- Leon King has now been promoted to the first team squad (and for a reason), again, in the CH position

- Souttar would come in a low or no fee, normal wages and some good form too - the risk is limited.

Thus, it might look to be the end of the road for Simpson, whereas it is anyone guess with regards to Balogun beyond the summer. Goldson is a bit of a conundrum, yet we have yet to hear of any solid interest from England et al.

All in all, what matters most is that we looked decently covered in the CH positions for the rest of the season, not least when Souttar would be added to the current squad. Should Helander return and Balogun gets fit again, we`d also have cover for either fullback position with the latter and Bassey.

As for Lundstram ... I would assume that his wages are pure guesswork (and even if not, was agreed to by SG and Ross Wilson) and why he gets so much  IMHO unwarranted animosity is beyond me. He`s been placed alongside Kamara every now and then and IMHO he`s more the Arfield type of combative midfielder who likes to move forward every now and then. As a DM, Kamara and Jack are possibly better, but in nigh all of the games that I saw Lundstram, he did okay. Or at least not worse than anyone else on the pitch. Sometimes it is baffling how people remember all the bad stuff one player manages to do on the pitch and kind of ignore his overall play, while it is the complete opposite with others.

16 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

As for Lundstram ... I would assume that his wages are pure guesswork (and even if not, was agreed to by SG and Ross Wilson) and why he gets so much  IMHO unwarranted animosity is beyond me. He`s been placed alongside Kamara every now and then and IMHO he`s more the Arfield type of combative midfielder who likes to move forward every now and then. As a DM, Kamara and Jack are possibly better, but in nigh all of the games that I saw Lundstram, he did okay. Or at least not worse than anyone else on the pitch. Sometimes it is baffling how people remember all the bad stuff one player manages to do on the pitch and kind of ignore his overall play, while it is the complete opposite with others.

The wage stuff is conjecture yes, but we cannot afford to have a high earner not be a key player who plays every week(I'd aim the same criticism at Roofe for different reasons). I'm not questioning his quality as a player at this point. Under Gio so far he has hardly played. Things change quickly in football, he could get in the team for the next game, perform well and cement his place in the team for the rest of the reason. From what i have seen so far i doubt it. Add to the mix we have just signed a boy who can play DM.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

17 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Thus, it might look to be the end of the road for Simpson, whereas it is anyone guess with regards to Balogun beyond the summer. Goldson is a bit of a conundrum, yet we have yet to hear of any solid interest from England et al.

Probably the end of the road for Katic as well

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

That definitely needed said.

Perhaps, in the current absence of a more suitable candidate for the traditional witch hunt, it's just John Lundstram's turn. Because it's only a few weeks since he was getting MOTM votes on here and general praise across the wider support. As for the nonsense that even if Lundstram is OK, he simply doesn't fit into our team .... God help me. I think we can all agree that, if Lundstram left tomorrow, someone would immediately be targeted to take his place. What the hell is wrong with people?