The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

18 hours ago, compo said:

These transfer windows get on my wick we must know who we want,  who we can afford so get the agreements done before the window sign on the first day of the window and its deals done ,to much fannying about for me. 

The only 'fannying about' is from fans endlessly speculating, circulating misinformation and so on.

You know the sort of thing.

40+ page transfer threads for example.

DR (link only for reference) reports that Middlesbrough might want Simpson. There is also some rumours that we might want to grab the Arab`s goalie Siegrist on a pre-contract, but I`ll give that runour another 24 hours or so.

OUT - Jack Simpson - Middlesbrough - LINK (10 Jan)

There's a few keepers at other clubs in the league who I think could be a decent #2, but none of them are better than McLaughlin IMO. That said, maybe McLaughlin will leave in the summer and I expect McGregor to retire from the #1 position in one way or another, so maybe we will be looking for two keepers?

33 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Some murmurs that once Skov Olsen`s valuation by Bologna and Rangers are aligned, the Dane will be in Glasgow. The Italians thought of pounds while we of Euros, when the 7.5m were debated.

The twitter account posting that looks suspicious but not as suspicious as the poster on FollowFollow who claims he made up the rumour 2 years ago and multiple news agencies from various countries including Denmark and Italy have ran with it since. 

Not sure we have 7.5 million to spend, but we spent that on Kent (or there abouts).

Given the Patterson fee and the money that would have come in for Gerrard and his team's contracts, not to mention GVB was probably insisting on some money for players, it wouldn't be a surprise if we had something to spend in this window, particularly if the right sort of player came along. I could see us spending 7/8M on one player again if he fits our criteria and would improve the first team.