The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

10 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think we might get him on a loan to buy then buy in the summer after selling some players. Perhaps kent and Aribo.

I think that's the kind of deal format Rangers (and many other teams) are interested in doing nowadays.  That can work when no-one else is interested but Skov Olsen does have other suitors.

There may well be some cash to spend but where it's invested may depend on the future of someone like Goldson. For example, if he signs a new contract then we don't have to spend £2m on Doehki now to ensure we secure him.

The contract situations of several players is interesting but again will go a long way to deciding our transfer budget with or without CL football.

I think Kent might extend his deal but not sure about Aribo. If they do then they'll be at our wage ceiling so several million over the course of three years if we take in the supposed Lundstram affect.

I think we just don't have the money to buy new players so what we have tie up any contracts that need renewing with an eye on moving them on for some profit .

No use putting the business into further debt we have sufficient staff to win the league, so let's get on with it .:rfc:

7 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I think that's the kind of deal format Rangers (and many other teams) are interested in doing nowadays.  That can work when no-one else is interested but Skov Olsen does have other suitors.

There may well be some cash to spend but where it's invested may depend on the future of someone like Goldson. For example, if he signs a new contract then we don't have to spend £2m on Doehki now to ensure we secure him.

Agree on the first point. Skov Olsen has all the markings of a player lined up for a loan to buy. Trouble is Bologna aren't flush with cash and will much prefer to sell. But they don't use the player in the correct position and he wants first team football so will likely move. As you state the other teams in for him if serious will force our hand.

I think Doehki would rather see the next 6 months out at Vitesse and take the 2 million(as an example) as a signing on fee rather than move now, see Vitesse take a big chunk of that 2 million.  I'm sure Stewart Robertson admitted the Aribo transfer cost us over 2 million despite the player only costing about £200k in development fees. 

I'd guess that the reason Lundstram is on such a high wage(if the rumours are to be believed) is due to us not having the finance to give him a big sign on fee in the summer. So we broke it down over his contract. I think ideally we would give a signing like that a big sign on fee and lower wage. Its a much lower risk.

11 minutes ago, Frankie said:

The contract situations of several players is interesting but again will go a long way to deciding our transfer budget with or without CL football.

I think Kent might extend his deal but not sure about Aribo. If they do then they'll be at our wage ceiling so several million over the course of three years if we take in the supposed Lundstram affect.

I hope Kent extends. I don't think his recent form gets him the move he would ideally want in the summer. He was linked with Leeds after last season for example, i don't think that link will be there in the summer unless he ups his performances.

Just another link i don't think has been mentioned on here. We are supposedly interested in signing Benjamin Siegrist from Dundee United on a bosman. Southampton also interested.

As a backup I'd take him. Give him a chance to be #1. We have been linked with Zander Clark but i think Siegrist is probably the better of the two. Would like Robby McCrorie can step up too. 

19 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Interesting.

I have to be honest and say that I haven't seen him much beyond games against us.   That said, he's looked solid, has a decent turn of pace and reads the game pretty well.

Coming back from injuries the way he has both gives me confidence in his mentality, but also question his long term fitness and whether he's vulnerable to issues down the line.  

Providing its either a pre-contract or a reasonable fee if we get him this month, I think its one of those calculated gambles.   And he also gives us another home player for european squads.