The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

I think he's a good replacement for Goldson and a decent option for free but we'd need another central defender (probably Doekhi) as well given the fitness worries around Souttar, Helander and Balogun (should he sign an extension).

7 hours ago, Frankie said:

Positive update. His injury problems are worrying but I’d be willing to take the risk if the fee and wages are right because he is a good player. 

Edited by DMAA

3 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

23 games so far this season. 

4 last season and 11 the one before that. 

Prior to that 36 and 38. 

a worrying 2 seasons recently on the injury front for sure. 

I looked at his appearances and injuries last week and they seemed to be specific injuries which he recovered-from rather than niggling injuries coming and going. Assuming proper rehab and not being rushed back, there's a very low chance of them recurring again. It does sound like he had a period of bad luck, but I guess every player we sign is a risk in one way or another.

16 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Soutter whilst being a decent player and decent potential signing, I don't think he's in same class as Helander and Goldson. Hope to be proven wrong if he does plump for us.

I think Helander is a class above them all, but Goldson has improved massively since coming to us (I guess there might be quite a few reasons for that).

7 hours ago, DMAA said:

Positive update. His injury problems are worrying but I’d be willing to take the risk if the fee and wages are right because he is a good player. 

The fact hes considering elsewhere puts me off him.  Probably best if he does move to England