The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

5 hours ago, ascender said:

I think Helander is a class above them all, but Goldson has improved massively since coming to us (I guess there might be quite a few reasons for that).

Problem with Goldson is that he thinks hes better than he actually is.  I'll be very surprised if he gets a move to the english premier league.  Given the carrot dangling at the end of the season its beggars belief that he would even consider playing hardball given his calibre.

28 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Problem with Goldson is that he thinks hes better than he actually is.  I'll be very surprised if he gets a move to the english premier league.  Given the carrot dangling at the end of the season its beggars belief that he would even consider playing hardball given his calibre.

How do you know how good he thinks he is? Has he told you?

Seems a pre-contract for Souttar appears inevitable and hopefully a deal can be done for him to join asap. For a low fee and with Helander/Balogun still out, it's a sensible move for a decent defender who also uses the ball well (think long diagonals if/when Goldson moves on).

Recalling Itten also sensible, given Roofe still seems unavailable and Defoe's future uncertain. Itten looked ungainly at times and never seemed all that comfortable wherever he played but he did also carry a threat in games where we occasionally needed that unpredictability.

15 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Seems a pre-contract for Souttar appears inevitable and hopefully a deal can be done for him to join asap. For a low fee and with Helander/Balogun still out, it's a sensible move for a decent defender who also uses the ball well (think long diagonals if/when Goldson moves on).

Recalling Itten also sensible, given Roofe still seems unavailable and Defoe's future uncertain. Itten looked ungainly at times and never seemed all that comfortable wherever he played but he did also carry a threat in games where we occasionally needed that unpredictability.

Roofe posting on Instagram getting acupuncture on his calf. Never a good sign. I think Itten deserves another chance as a central striker/Number 9.

I'm unconvinced on Soutter but low fee and moderate wage makes it less of a risk. 

9 hours ago, gisabeer said:

Problem with Goldson is that he thinks hes better than he actually is.  I'll be very surprised if he gets a move to the English premier league.  Given the carrot dangling at the end of the season its beggars belief that he would even consider playing hardball given his calibre.

He has been linked with West Brom recently. He is certainly better than that. 

I think recalling Itten is a sensible move. 

Yes, he's not set the heather alight, but I actually think he will suit GvB's set-up quite well; he seems to like a #9. 

Add to that the fact we're quite short up front, both in terms of actual fit players and different options.  

If we can get cover at CB (Souttar), add to our numbers in midfield (Sands--who can also play in defense) and up front (Itten), alongside getting a right winger (Olsen), I think that's fantastic business. It's calculated, filling the most pressing limitations in our squad. 

Moreover, it looks like only the right-winger will cost us anything. 

1 hour ago, Frankie said:

Do you know how Itten did during his loan spell?