The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

26 minutes ago, DMAA said:

The big thing with Itten for me has always been his goal scoring, he hasn’t really shown himself to be a natural goalscorer to date and that’s what I want to see from him. He thing is a decent all round player and always fit and works hard. 

I'm hoping that Roy Makaay might have a big part to play in developing Itten into a real penalty box striker. He may not have scored a bag full (do to limited opportunity) but I seem to remember a few great finishes from the big man.

18 minutes ago, Ted McMinnime said:

I'm hoping that Roy Makaay might have a big part to play in developing Itten into a real penalty box striker. He may not have scored a bag full (do to limited opportunity) but I seem to remember a few great finishes from the big man.

Hopefully yeh. To be honest I’m generally a believer that a lot of it can’t be taught. When it comes to scoring goals some people just have it and others don’t. But it can be undiscovered/untapped. Luca Toni an example of that. 

10 minutes ago, DMAA said:

To be honest I’m generally a believer that a lot of it can’t be taught

Agree but it can be taken out if you play players in wrong way e.g. Gerard with  Morelos and in past McCoist with Boyd.

I was very impressed with Souttar in our game v Hearts at Ibrox earlier in the season, he was easily the MOTM and made a number of blocks, last gasp tackles, won every header. Yes he has had injuries over last few years but they are not the same and not recurring, so look positively and say he is fresher than most! I would certainly have him over Goldson who has went backwards this season at an alarming rate. 

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Yes he has had injuries over last few years but they are not the same and not recurring

Agree with your post but just thought I’d point out that this bit isn’t true. He’s done the same Achilles twice. He’s done the other Achilles once. His other major issue has been a recurring ankle issue. This appears to have been resolved with surgery in 2019 if I recall correctly.