The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

40 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

The lad is quick, strong and really good on the ball. 

Should do well. 

Can't argue with that mate, why am I not as excited as everybody else? maybe I just have nagging doubts about his injuries??.

I really hope he comes in and does the business.

13 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Can't argue with that mate, why am I not as excited as everybody else? maybe I just have nagging doubts about his injuries??.

I really hope he comes in and does the business.

Said earlier in the thread, think he's a decent enough player and can see why we've gone for him but if and it's a big if, if he's a replacement for Goldson, it's a step backwards in my opinion. 

Hope the lad comes in and does well for us, but if Goldson stays and Helander gets back to fitness, Souttar is 3rd choice for me. 

25 minutes ago, CammyF said:

but if and it's a big if, if he's a replacement for Goldson, it's a step backwards in my opinion. 

I think he is essentially his replacement, but we will bring someone else in in the summer too so Souttar will have to fight for his spot when Helander is fit. We could have met Goldson’s terms if we wanted to but it’s increasingly looking like we aren’t going to do that. 

I think the writing is on the wall in big capital letters, underlined, in red .... Goldson is leaving and the transition to a Souttar/Helander partnership will likely be made before the end of this season.