The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Thread - Aaron Ramsey loan deal confirmed

Methinks the Bulgarian media actually saw that Caskie stuff, put it out as real interest (without knowing better) and the Scots media followed suit. That being said, I`ve seen the BBC gossip page using Teamtalk, HITC et al as sources too, which is beyond parody.

I usually check any foreign rumour at the actual news outlet to see whether they got it from their own folk or have some "according to sources in Scotland" lines in it.

On 16/01/2022 at 13:03, Ted McMinnime said:

Yes. Quite a few reporting the same. Ibroxnews.com stating advanced talks with Club Brugge underway. One reason may be they are CL regulars, but they are currently 2nd behind surprise leaders Royale Union Saint -Gilloise? Who I've never heard of! Perhaps our resident Euro expert, Berliner, many know more?

Truth be told, my interest in football lies with Rangers and I know a few bits about the German BL.

Saint-Gilloise is the real surprise this season in Europe, well drilled and not ladden with "star"-players, I would assume. That might work well for a season or two, including the promoted team`s suprise factor. They need to keep it up and hold to their best players though.

Another suprise package - on a lesser scale though - is my home town team 1. FC Union Berlin, who got promoted in 2019, endet that season in 11th position, grabbed spot 7 the season afterwards and are 5th right now. Working with a low budget*, hardly any "star"-players but are well drilled. Sometimes that works.

* Last season 17th place with Euro 76m compared to Stuttgart (150m), Eintracht Frankfurt (205m), Hertha Berlin (224m), Mönchengladbach (246m), Leverkusen (395m), RB Leipzig (559m), Dortmund (593m) and Bayern Munich (830m).

Edited by der Berliner

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

Various outlets reporting we've made a "substantial offer" to bring Souttar to Ibrox this month. Offer has, as yet, not been accepted (or indeed rejected) by Hearts.

No idea why we would make a substantial offer for a player we will have for free in 6 months. We have Helander back soon. Balogun back soon. Still have Simpson and King. Bassey playing well at CB. This seems odd. 

20 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

No idea why we would make a substantial offer for a player we will have for free in 6 months. We have Helander back soon. Balogun back soon. Still have Simpson and King. Bassey playing well at CB. This seems odd. 

Hearts looking for £500,000, we've offered £250,000 is what is being "reported"

19 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think that's madness from us personally. We have enough at the back to get us until the summer.

Unless we are looking to ship out a couple of defenders during the window? Simpson and Borna? 

I expect he’ll sign for between £250k and £500k. Helander has ongoing injury problems and Souttar is arguably a better player than Balogun (who has his own injury issues). There’s a decent chance Simpson will leave too.