[FT] Rangers 2 (Morelos 15, 49) - 0 Sparta Prague

37 minutes ago, Blue Moon said:

Kamara isn't a defensive mid.

What about Aribo?

Kamara is absolutely a defensive midfielder. 

Yes, I'm a big fan of Aribo, and he has been in good form; he doesn't deserve to be left out. 

It may not be the answer but it's clear we need alternative tactics and here's how I see it ...........

McLaughlin

Patterson - Goldson - Balogun - Bassey

Jack - Hagi - Lundstram - Aribo

Wright - Sakala

I'm all for attacking width, whether it comes from fullbacks or midfield, but our big issue right now is a powderpuff defence and it's crucial we stop exposing ourselves to free crosses into our box and having our central defenders pulled wide to cover for absent defenders. If fullbacks are going to go forward then we need to get back to having discipline in midfield to cover for them - we used to be good at that but since Jack's injury it seems to have gone all to hell. The last few months have shown what suckers we are for losing goals to fast-transition counter attacks. We need to set up to stop losing easy goals or we'll never regain the confidence that's so obviously absent at the moment. We also need to assert our pace up front - we have it in abundance but we seldom benefit from it because we spend too much time chasing endless ineffective crosses into packed opposition penalty areas.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

It may not be the answer but it's clear we need alternative tactics and here's how I see it ...........

McLaughlin

Wright - Sakala

I'm all for attacking width, whether it comes from fullbacks or midfield, but our big issue right now is a powderpuff defence and it's crucial we stop exposing ourselves to free crosses into our box and having our central defenders pulled wide to cover for absent defenders. If fullbacks are going to go forward then we need to get back to having discipline in midfield to cover for them - we used to be good at that but since Jack's injury it seems to have gone all to hell. The last few months have shown what suckers we are for losing goals to fast-transition counter attacks. We need to set up to stop losing easy goals or we'll never regain the confidence that's so obviously absent at the moment. We also need to assert our pace up front - we have it in abundance but we seldom benefit from it because we spend too much time chasing endless ineffective crosses into packed opposition penalty areas.

If the other team had no chance that one has less than none. 

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

McLaughlin

Wright - Sakala

Thanks for playing, I suppose.

Better luck next time. 

In all seriousness, I do believe GvB has played a 4-4-2 with Feyenoord to combat a superior Ajax side. He might set-up specifically for this opponent, but I see him starting as he wants to go on (i.e. His preferred 4-3-3/4-2-3-1).  

1 minute ago, Whosthedado said:

I think, as has been said, it is absolutely pointless putting teams up. I could never second guess Gerrard and with GVB promising changes its virtually impossible to call

But, fun, though... no?

giphy.gif