[FT] Rangers 2 (Morelos 15, 49) - 0 Sparta Prague

4 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Just back from the game.  Dighted with the result and the performance but felt we should've scored more. 

Definitely should have scored more, Aribo should have had at least 2, Kent should have had 1, but we got what we needed.

The main thing for me was that there was a different attitude out there. An urgency, willingness to fight hard for every ball, closing down players quicker, playing a higher line when needed - which benefited Morelos particularly. So a good start - Gio has had an instant effect in my opinion. Gerrard & co let standards slip, so this could well be the tonic we needed. We'll see but I'm now hopeful based on tonights performance. 

4 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

Definitely should have scored more, Aribo should have had at least 2, Kent should have had 1, but we got what we needed.

The main thing for me was that there was a different attitude out there. An urgency, willingness to fight hard for every ball, closing down players quicker, playing a higher line when needed - which benefited Morelos particularly. So a good start - Gio has had an instant effect in my opinion. Gerrard & co let standards slip, so this could well be the tonic we needed. We'll see but I'm now hopeful based on tonights performance. 

The bigger test will come on Sunday against an opponent (and on a pitch) where we have always struggled. That's where I would like to see a tangible change in attitude.

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

8 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Once again it's left to Rangers to fly the flag in Europe for Scottish football, about time other teams did their part to help the coefficient 

Is there not another meaningless cup below the Thursday night cup