Ghislaine Maxwell

On 30/11/2021 at 15:45, Scott7 said:

I can’t quite see the line of defence here. “I did it but it was for high profile blokes so that’s ok”?

I was more alluding to her naming the likes of Clinton, Buffet and Gates(for example) as involved in crimes to the authorities in order for her to make a deal to get a greatly reduced penalty. The shots fired at Prince Andrew were potentially a warning to others IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Just like Ritterhouse, the judge jury came to the right decision by focussing on the actual facts and testimony. I see the Maxwell's are already claiming it wasn't a fair trial which was to be expected, but from what little i saw the judge controlled proceedings and the jury well and the focus was on the charges before them not the wider issues the MSM wanted to cover.  

Looks like the court have appointed legal counsel for a juror who claims to have swayed fellow jury members towards a guilty sentence by telling them he was a victim of sexual abuse , a retrial at least .

21 minutes ago, compo said:

Looks like the court have appointed legal counsel for a juror who claims to have swayed fellow jury members towards a guilty sentence by telling them he was a victim of sexual abuse , a retrial at least .

Has to be a retrial surely. It doesn't say much for their system of juror selection or scrutiny.

If a middle aged man goes to bed with a 17 year old girl, with no suggestion of coercion or rape, or of money changing hands, it might be despicable, it might, depending on the status/fame of the bloke, be described as sleazy, but is it criminal?

Edited by Uilleam

I think it was the great philosopher, Ali G, who said, "If there's grass on the wicket, let's play cricket.".

Not that I, in any way, condone such a mindset.  I always follow the half your age and add seven rule, so as a 42 year old, 28 is as young as I can go.

Edited by Gonzo79

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Has to be a retrial surely. It doesn't say much for their system of juror selection or scrutiny.

It won't be the first time over in America that jurors have a magazine or television deal , what chance of justice in such a system, mind you weve just had four statue topplers found not guilty after their crime was filmed on camera in Bristol.