Rangers Annual General Meeting

3 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It's disappointing that King is trying to limit the club's ability to raise funds.

Can we be sure it was King? In any case, there's a object lesson here in the dangers of dilution for anyone who can't keep up with the pack, one which Club1872 will be equally focussed on .... are they still on the go these days?

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Can we be sure it was King? In any case, there's a object lesson here in the dangers of dilution for anyone who can't keep up with the pack, one which Club1872 will be equally focussed on .... are they still on the go these days?

Given the %s involved, we can be fairly sure it's King. I'd doubt that dilution is the main reason for it, and more that it increases his chances of getting cash for his shares.

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

It's disappointing that King is trying to limit the club's ability to raise funds.

It very much is. 

Designed to make his shares more desirable no doubt. 

Very poor indeed and will go a long way to ruining the good he has done but say one thing of Dave King. Dave King doesn't care what others think of him. 

10 hours ago, Bill said:

Pleased to hear that facilities for disabled supporters is to be prioritised at last. The present wheelchair allocation is a disgrace.

Agreed, but the board made similar noises 2 years ago, and there's been no progress, but other (vanity) projects such as Edmiston House have got off the ground.

Everyone, anyone?

I hope a sense of negativity doesn't develop towards Dave King. Whatever he does to protect his personal interests, which he is entitled to pursue, his role in the club's recovery is clearly established and the least we owe him for that is respect.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

I hope a sense of negativity doesn't develop towards Dave King. Whatever he does to protect his personal interests, which he is entitled to pursue, his role in the club's recovery is clearly established and the least we owe him for that is respect.

Nah--he's a snake. 👀 

2 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Agreed, but the board made similar noises 2 years ago, and there's been no progress, but other (vanity) projects such as Edmiston House have got off the ground.

Everyone, anyone?

Yes but to be fair the board has hardly been sitting on its arse doing nothing. The task facing them is enormous and resources very limited. I'm not known for sympathy towards directors but they're not superheroes, just businessmen doing their best to move the club forward. It's easy to rearrange priorities in retrospect. but I see enough to suggest the overall direction is positive and hopefully most things will be addressed in time.

22 minutes ago, Bill said:

The feeling of negativity has already been developed, from his misleading (at best) comments in trying to encourage fans to invest in the C1872 share issue rather than allowing their funds to go to the club, to charging interest on his loan (I'm not convinced he had to do that), to him now trying to limit the club's ability to raise further funds. 

That doesn't take away everything that he's done for the club, for which we will always be grateful, and yes, he's now entitled to pursue his personal interests but when they are against the best interest of the club then we are, in turn, entitled to criticise him.