[FT] Hibernian 0 - 1 Rangers (Roofe 85pen)

51 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Our keeper has not had a save to make, clean sheet, we've had 14 shots (4 on target), 60% possession, 78% pass accuracy, won at one of toughest away grounds (unbeaten there in 8), and 3 more points on the board. Aye, must do better.

Your opinion, Stato, and you're entitled to it. But I don't agree. For me, we can do a lot better. We didn't play high enough, we weren't making the right decisions, gave the ball away too often, were too slow, and we were lucky to come away with 3 points. 

Of course, the result is great, 3 points and puts pressure on them tomorrow. But, again, surprised that you thought our performance was so complete. 

20 minutes ago, weebluedevil said:

Your opinion, Stato, and you're entitled to it. But I don't agree. For me, we can do a lot better. We didn't play high enough, we weren't making the right decisions, gave the ball away too often, were too slow, and we were lucky to come away with 3 points. 

Of course, the result is great, 3 points and puts pressure on them tomorrow. But, again, surprised that you thought our performance was so complete. 

How were we lucky? We dominated all aspects of the game, had more attacking play, stopped Hibs from making clear cut chances and controlled the game for large periods. 

Off course we can do better and sure we will. However if we win the league, nobody will look back and say "by feck we are lucky to win the league, mind the midweek game at Easter Road". Conversely, we might look back at it as one of the results that won the league. 

2 hours ago, weebluedevil said:

Great, we do actually agree. 

Really? 

Anyway if we were offered a 1-0 win prior to kick off we'd all have taken it.

On to Dundee and I'd gladly take a 1-0 win right now. In fact I'd take 1-0 wins in all our remaining games.

Another stat, given our rivals have been praised for their expansive, open and entertaining attacking football, we've actually scored more goals than them. Weird eh....

I actually don't think we played that badly. I think credit has to go to Hibs for us giving the ball away so much due to their pressing. If they put that much effort into every game they would be higher up the league. We dominated the game but we do need to be better in the final third. Im not convinced by Hagi in these kind of games where you arent getting any time on the ball.

What a feeling. Superb. 

Missed the game and because i was at Return of the Jedi live in concert (beyond brilliant BTW) didn't see the score except at half and full time. 

Think that was all for the best. 

Result was so good when i quickly glanced at it at quarter to ten i caught the score correct but spent the last 45 mins of the film wondering if i had seen it wrong and convincing myself not to get to excited. 

Highlights looked fairly one way and McGregor only had one very routine save to make.