[FT] Hibernian 0 - 1 Rangers (Roofe 85pen)

I joined the match on 73 minutes to see Barisic take a lifetime to place and and complete a free kick.

After that I barely saw McGregor, Rangers played quite nicely and it was indeed a penalty. Tripping an opponent is a foul. The book says nothing about a severed leg as evidence.

Roofe sent the ‘keeper the wrong way and dispatched the ball with power and accuracy. But, please, no jiggling run-ups with a hesitation embellishment. Too big a risk of mesmerising yourself instead of the ‘keeper.

28 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Terrific result and a very good ground out win. Penalty was a stonewaller have no idea how anyone can contest that decision. Didn't think we were great by any means and I'd struggle to pick a MOTM if pushed. But I don't think Hibs troubled us at all.

Porteus says there was contact but minimal. Ross says it was a pen and he would want it but they are only given 50/50 so he wanted it not given. 

So it was a pen no mater what anyone says. 

Great to see you posting here BTW SBG. 

8 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I joined the match on 73 minutes to see Barisic take a lifetime to place and and complete a free kick.

After that I barely saw McGregor, Rangers played quite nicely and it was indeed a penalty. Tripping an opponent is a foul. The book says nothing about a severed leg as evidence.

Roofe sent the ‘keeper the wrong way and dispatched the ball with power and accuracy. But, please, no jiggling run-ups with a hesitation embellishment. Too big a risk of mesmerising yourself instead of the ‘keeper.

I remember a pen years ago in europe that super took(maybe alania vladikavkaz, certainly russians). He gave the keeper they eyes so effectively the keeper just collapsed in a heap backwards in the middle of the goal dizzy as it rolled into the corner. lovely stuff. 

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

Porteus says there was contact but minimal. Ross says it was a pen and he would want it but they are only given 50/50 so he wanted it not given. 

So it was a pen no mater what anyone says. 

Great to see you posting here BTW SBG. 

Yeah I'm not sure I can follow JR's logic, if there was contact then the player was fouled and its a penalty. Jack Ross is turning into a bit of a parody with some of his post match comments defending the indefensible actions. Like the recent sending off at Ibrox.

Good to be here, very sensible posts and no real hyperbole or wild stuff :)

5 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Yeah I'm not sure I can follow JR's logic, if there was contact then the player was fouled and its a penalty. Jack Ross is turning into a bit of a parody with some of his post match comments defending the indefensible actions. Like the recent sending off at Ibrox.

Good to be here, very sensible posts and no real hyperbole or wild stuff :)

He was laughing on the TV last night as he contorted himself he was at it and knew it. Was some of his better work. 

Give it time gets wild on here from time to time. 

Just watched the game and we were terrible.   Most off the pace again.   Problem we have is that we need kent to be on his game,  other wise we struggle.   He showed signs of his form when he came back from Injury but hes labouring at the minute.  Again no leaders on the park.   The midfield of kamara davis and aribo fills me with dread everytime I see it on a team sheet.   We get very little return from this midfield.   The odd goal from aribo no matter how fine and skillfully a player he is is just not good enough.  Side passes and back passes from the other two,   no vision whatsoever ever.    Ill go as far to say Davis should be retired and hope kamara is sold off next window.    We cant continue with the pub team performances were served up on a regular basis.    And we wont get anywhere doing the same thing time and time again and expecting things to get better the next time round.