• Steven Davis
    • Ryan Kent
    • Joe Aribo
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • John Lundstram
    • Kemar Roofe
    • Scott Arfield

What a decision to have to make. Goldson and Bassey were like headless chickens with the ball and could hardly make a pass. Nor could the usually reliable Davis. Bassey went on a long run with the ball in the second half and the guy next to me said "he has no idea what he's going to do" ... sure enough he was right. Glen Kamara is like a black hole on legs who seems to suck the energy out of the game every time he has the ball, he's becoming one of the main reasons we can't maintain any decent tempo. The rest ran around to little effect, variously giving the ball away at every opportunity. It might be the worst footballing performance of the season. The only saving grace was their commendable willingness to keep going despite the carnage they created. That said, it was a wonderful result and games like this do have their own tense fascination, it's just that skillful football isn't part of it. I can safely predict that every game between now and lifting the league trophy will be better than last night at Easter Road, so that's one positive.

The only MOTM candidates for me are Kent, Arfield and Roofe. Kent because he at least showed positive intent, Roofe and Arfield because they actually made a difference when they came on, however briefly. How Arfield isn't the first name on the team sheet is beyond me.

Edited by Bill