[FT] Rangers 3 (Aribo 36; Sweeney OG 55; Morelos 70) - 0 Dundee

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So who do we drop for Patterson?

If Gio can "drop" Kent and Davis to reduce their workload, so too can we "drop" Tavernier. There is no indication that Patterson cannot defend "any worse" than Tav nor cross and attack like the Tav. So why not give the lad a a chance in games such like yesterday? All Premiership sides know how what Tav will do and how he plays and how to get him caught out. Why not mix that up with a different player ... who - in addition - has Patterson`s ability?!

NB: Was it just me or did Muir blow the whistle after exactly  93. mins when he gave 4 mins of extra time?

Edited by der Berliner

11 minutes ago, CammyF said:

So who do we drop for Patterson?

Hmmm maybe I'd give tav a rest and give the best prospect Scotland has seen in a long time a game.  Not rocket science mate.   And for what it's worth I'd play Patterson over tav every week as I consider him to be a better player.

Edited by gisabeer

16 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

If Gio can "drop" Kent and Davis to reduce their workload, so too can we "drop" Tavernier. There is no indication that Patterson cannot defend "any worse" than Tav nor cross and attack like the Tav. So why not give the lad a a chance in games such like yesterday? All Premiership sides know how what Tav will do and how he plays and how to get him caught out. Why not mix that up with a different player ... who - in addition - has Patterson`s ability?!

NB: Was it just me or did Muir blow the whistle after exactly  93. mins when he gave 4 mins of extra time?

But Tav is contributing more than Kent and Davis. Top assists in the league and 3 goals. His offensive stats make him out most potent threat so yeah, let's rest / drip him. 

13 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Hmmm maybe I'd give tav a rest and give the best prospect Scotland has seen in a long time a game.  Not rocket science mate.   And for what it's worth I'd play Patterson over tav every week as I consider him to be a better player.

Why rest or drop the league's most potent offensive threat? Makes no sense whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, the gunslinger said:

We should play all our decent fringe players on thursday and rest as many as possible for Hearts. 

Lundstrum, Sakala, Roofe, Wright and Patterson should all start at very least. 

I wouldn't be opposed to that. 

Thursday's game is meaningless. 

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But Tav is contributing more than Kent and Davis. Top assists in the league and 3 goals. His offensive stats make him out most potent threat so yeah, let's rest / drip him. 

Sorry, I'am not of the Tavernier fan-club nor do I see him as irreplacable. Reasons for my idea are given above.

And BTW, Tav has had rotten games and yet came away with the odd assist to paper over the rest of his performance. You know that as well as I do. He`s doing well as an auxilliary winger and works his socks off, no doubt. But there is no reason to suggest that a real winger wouldn't get the same amount of assists and goals, nor that Patterson is de facto incapable of matching Tav`s return in the offensive department - given that Patterson is actually a converted right-winger.

Edited by der Berliner

Just now, Rousseau said:

I wouldn't be opposed to that. 

Thursday's game is meaningless. 

Is Jack in the squad? Shame defoe isn't and Should pay McCrorie as well. Probably others I am forgetting. 

Anyway the principal is there. Rest the first picks. Get the second string some game time. 

2 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

We should play all our decent fringe players on thursday and rest as many as possible for Hearts. 

Lundstrum, Sakala, Roofe, Wright and Patterson should all start at very least. 

We'd have given a lot to have this team a few years ago ....

McLaughlin

Patterson - Goldson - Simpson - Bassey

Lundstram - Jack - Bacuna

Wright - Roofe - Defoe