[FT] Rangers 3 (Aribo 36; Sweeney OG 55; Morelos 70) - 0 Dundee

4 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Sorry, I'am not of the Tavernier fan-club nor do I see him as irreplacable. Reasons for my idea are given above.

And BTW, Tav has had rotten games and yet came away with the odd assist to paper over the rest of his performance. You know that as well as I do. He`s doing well as an auxilliary winger and works his socks off, no doubt. But there is no reason to suggest that a real winger wouldn't get the same amount of assists and goals, nor that Patterson is de facto incapable of matching Tav`s return in the offensive department - given that Patterson is actually a converted right-winger.

The odd assist. 

behave. 

5 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Sorry, I'am not of the Tavernier fan-club nor do I see him as irreplacable. Reasons for my idea are given above.

And BTW, Tav has had rotten games and yet came away with the odd assist to paper over the rest of his performance. You know that as well as I do. He`s doing well as an auxilliary winger and works his socks off, no doubt. But there is no reason to suggest that a real winger wouldn't get the same amount of assists and goals, nor that Patterson is de facto incapable of matching Tav`s return in the offensive department - given that Patterson is actually a converted right-winger.

Somehow these "irreplaceable" players never seem to leave as big a hole as some expect.

GvB has used Patterson more than SG ever did, simply because the formation allows it. 

Patterson has come on twice in more advanced positions to 'shut up shop'.

However, he's not dropped Tavernier to do so, which suggests GvB recognises Tavernier's importance.

I wouldn't be dropping Tavernier any time soon, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Patterson get the nod in some games to give Tavernier a rest -- yesterday's game was probably a good opportunity. 

11 minutes ago, CammyF said:

But Tav is contributing more than Kent and Davis. Top assists in the league and 3 goals. His offensive stats make him out most potent threat so yeah, let's rest / drip him. 

Going by your logic then we should drop kent and play sakala as hes scored more goals and in a shorter space of games.   As for tav if he left tomorrow you wouldnt notice.  Patterson would more than fill his boots.   His influence in the national team is testament to that.

13 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Never said he was un-droppable, no player is. There is no reason to suggest Patterson who'd be any better defensively or offensively than Tav so replacing one with another is a gamble. Are you suggesting Patterson wouldn't have any bad games? Is that based on any evidence.

Tav is our longest serving Captain since Richard Gough. He has consistently delivered for Rangers, never hidden, very rarely been injured and his stats are on a other planet. 

Just our luck that the (potentially) best product out of our academy since Barry Ferguson plays the same position as our club captain and most potent player in  our team.

Also, can never get my head round those who don't see Tavs importance to the team.  

14 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

As for tav if he left tomorrow you wouldnt notice.  

Most ludicrous thing I've read on a forum in years (and that's saying something). 

Have you even watched us over the last 2 or 3 season?  Or listened to players and managers (including Patterson) saying how Tav is a huge influence and a leader.

Edited by CammyF

8 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Going by your logic then we should drop kent and play sakala as hes scored more goals and in a shorter space of games.   As for tav if he left tomorrow you wouldnt notice.  Patterson would more than fill his boots.   His influence in the national team is testament to that.

we did do that. 

The most ridiculous thing I keep on reading in here is people who keep referring to the past.   Tavenier peaked last season and will never have another season like it.   I'll include goldson in that comment as well.  We need to look to the future.  Patterson in 100 minutes of International football had two assists and a goal to his name and played a very big role in Scotland securing a place in the WC playoffs.    What exactly does he have to do on your eyes to prove himself?    Kelly too gets a standout man of the match performance for the under 21s and hes no where to be seen.   Having seen davis look every bit like the 37 year old completely off the pace at hibs during the week I am asking questions about his contribution to the side.   You also mentioned in an earlier post about what we achieved with no money.  We should be using our academy if this is the case, especially when we can see they're more than good enough for the SPFL