[FT] Rangers 3 (Aribo 36; Sweeney OG 55; Morelos 70) - 0 Dundee

9 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

In my opinion tavenier has never been the man to captain the team .   And that's what it is,  an opinion.

And an opinion that clearly clouds your judgement of the player. 

BTW it is OK to change your opinion 

34 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Gio`s been here for a matter of weeks. He´s won all games thus far too. No-one shall (and I doubt no-one is) getting carried away though. He will use the trusted players for the time being. I just hope that he gives other players a chance to prove themselves in competirtive action and in a system that Gio deems necessary for the game at hand.

No-one is demanding Tav shall be dropped per se, but likewise it would be good to revolve people when they are not "as essential" as they are usually are, e.g. yesterday`s game at home against Dundee.

I for one never missed Tav when SG was forced to play him as Tav was injured. I cannot say that I missed Kent yesterday either. As long as a manager utilizes his whole squad, no problem.

NB: Again ... Tav`s stats are fine. For a winger. They hardly include his defensive abilities though.

That's a reasonable position to hold; one that I am sympathetic to. I made the same point in the post: I would like to see Patterson get games ahead of Tavernier in the odd, 'easy' game, like yesterday. 

However, you ruined it with your nota bene. He's a Full-back; his stats for a FB is outstanding. 

12 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Left a big hole in CL qualifiers

As did better players than them - what a your point? When was the last time a Rangers team "showed up" in the Champions League? 

We are miles away from being a Champions League team and have been for decades sadly. 

15 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

That's a reasonable position to hold; one that I am sympathetic to. I made the same point in the post: I would like to see Patterson get games ahead of Tavernier in the odd, 'easy' game, like yesterday. 

However, you ruined it with your nota bene. He's a Full-back; his stats for a FB is outstanding. 

Agree in the main however I think it was SG (is it OK to mention has name yet? 😀) who said there are different types of players when it comes to resting / playing, and I'm sure it was when he was discussing Goldson playing "ever minute". 

Some players require "rest" to ensure they remain in top condition and in top form, others require to play ever minute available.

It's easy for us fans to say " rest Tav or who ever for easy games" but we don't know the players and what is best for them physically and form wise. We arent privy to how they perform in training etc and this is why clubs now employ dedicated sport scientists, analysts and the like. 

Patterson is a huge talent and I feel for him as he should be playing at a high level. However if he is patient and continues to learn and develop at Rangers (watching and listening to players like Tav), he'll have a long and successful career at Rangers.

7 minutes ago, CammyF said:

As did better players than them - what a your point? When was the last time a Rangers team "showed up" in the Champions League? 

We are miles away from being a Champions League team and have been for decades sadly. 

What is my point?   Everything you just said!  We stick with the current squad and we will get the same results next season as we did this one.   To many players for me have ran there course and need to be moved on.

13 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

What is my point?   Everything you just said!  We stick with the current squad and we will get the same results next season as we did this one.   To many players for me have ran there course and need to be moved on.

That's not what I said at all. What I said was that sadly we've been miles of a CL team for decades. Better players and squads have failed eirher getting to CL or failed when they have qualified. 

19 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Maybe not if we change something else. say manager for example.....