[FT] Rangers 3 (Aribo 36; Sweeney OG 55; Morelos 70) - 0 Dundee

27 minutes ago, Bill said:

The disappointment wasn't that Gerrard didn't focus on the Academy while stopping ten in a row, that was understandable. The disappointment comes from not doing so after securing the league championship in March. Nathan Patterson is scant payback for three years in charge and GvB needs to do better in that regard.

Isn't 1st team managers remit to nurture talent from the academy tho. We employ someone to do that. 

34 minutes ago, CammyF said:

You want players dropped and / or sold just for the hell of it then? Or is it simply that you don't like / rate them..... 

To be serious in CL we'd need to spend millions we don't have

SG never looked at the academy - really?

Bassey promoted from the academy and now in 1st team squad. 

Patterson promoted from the academy and now in first team squad. 

Who gave King, Mayo and Kelly their debuts for Rangers and had them around 1st team and played them pre-season?

Who played McCorrie in goal at 1st Old Firm of the season and in EL? 

Have you seen much of Kelly, Mayo and King, or any of our B / youth players? Do you know how they perform in training on a daily basis? 

I've watched Kelly, Mayo and King in B Team and whilst they look promising, they look no more promising than say Wilson, Bates and Ross McCorrie. 

Wilson attracted serious attention after establishing himself in our 1st team and got a fantastic move to Liverpool. Wonder what he's up to these days?

The other two are currently "starring" for Aberdeen which is probably a level above where they ought to be.

Maybe I should just stick my head in the sand like you and hope our squad gets better next time.   The league winning side has had its day and has ran its course.  This current squad should have enough to win the league this year but after that?    If being better than celtic is the height of your ambition then that's up to you.  We need to move on and forward.  We dont click anymore.   

As always with playing staff, there will be a regular turnover.

There's no way there'll be wholesale changes in January or next Summer.  We'll sell some, keep some and bring new players in.  

We've looked good under GvB.  Calm heads and patience are required, albeit the last one is always in short supply amongst our support.

We've won four in a row, are top of the league and have qualified for EL knock out rounds again.  

33 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

Maybe I should just stick my head in the sand like you and hope our squad gets better next time.   The league winning side has had its day and has ran its course.  This current squad should have enough to win the league this year but after that?    If being better than celtic is the height of your ambition then that's up to you.  We need to move on and forward.  We dont click anymore.   

Where have I stuck my head in the sand? I want the 1st team squad to be the best we can afford without putting us in financial trouble. 

You contradict yourself  - the only way to get annual CL money is to be better than Celtic. If we aren't, we won't win the league so don't understand your arguement.

Admitting we are miles away from being CL material isn't sticking head in sand, it's being realistic.

Understanding the restraints we are working under whilst trying to be the best we can be isn't sticking my head in the sand, it's being realistic. 

We have progressed every year since SG was appointed and have gotten European football on a yearly basis. We won the league last year gaining record points for us and blowing so many other records out the water. 

We were never going to repeat that, that's not sticking my head in the sand, it's being realistic. 

I said when Gio was being touted as the new manager that this may turn out to be an upgrade. How's that sticking my head in the sand?

As a fan its easy to criticise in fact in this age of social media it's almost a prerequisite. We want everything and we want it now. To win every game, to win it 4 or 5 nil, to win every cup including the CL. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. That's not sticking my head in the sand, it's being realistic. 

As my old Granddad used to say, you can only pee with the Willy you've got (well that's the cleaned up version).

Edited by CammyF

Great 3 points yesterday. Felt like an old school routine 3-0 home win from the good old days when we were racking up trophies. Aribo is really developing into a player with a final product to back up everything else he offers. Manager got the midfield spot on yesterday. Sakala looked a constant threat. Needs more composure in front of goal and he will really take his game to the next level.

I have no idea how the wee skinny fat guy was not sent off. The referee needs to call the game as he sees it and not with some kind of context he clearly applied. That's the only reason I can think of for the boy not walking. In fact I have no idea what their manager was thinking involving him, he comes with too much baggage V us and doesn't offer anything on the park.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

27 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Great 3 points yesterday. Felt like an old school routine 3-0 home win from the good old days when we were racking up trophies. Aribo is really developing into a player with a final product to back up everything else he offers. Manager got the midfield spot on yesterday. Sakala looked a constant threat. Needs more composure in front of goal and he will really take his game to the next level.

I have no idea how the wee skinny fat guy was not sent off. The referee needs to call the game as he sees it and not with some kind of context he clearly applied. That's the only reason I can think of for the boy not walking. In fact I have no idea what their manager was thinking involving him, he comes with too much baggage V us and doesn't offer anything on the park.

Yes completely unfair to us not sending him off just because the game was over. We could have scored a goal that won us the league or worse he could have scored one that lost us it. 

2 hours ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

In fact I have no idea what their manager was thinking involving him, he comes with too much baggage V us and doesn't offer anything on the park.

He had their only real chance of the game

and hit the inside of the post, another inch and it was in. It would have hard to forgive letting him score at Ibrox in that shape. 

7 minutes ago, DMAA said:

He had their only real chance of the game

and hit the inside of the post, another inch and it was in. It would have hard to forgive letting him score at Ibrox in that shape. 

Yes, he did have a chance and hit the post via a deflection from goldson. Hard to tell if the original shot was going anywhere near the goal. And he shouldn't have still been on the park at that point either..