• Calvin Bassey
    • Borna Barisic
    • Scott Arfield
    • Glen Kamara
    • Ianis Hagi
    • Joe Aribo
    • Fashion Sakala
    • Alfredo Morelos

A very good team performance with a few players who I noted as playing well.

Has to be Aribo again for MotM - whilst he was maybe a bit more fortunate with his finishing than others, he again played the free role well and was at the heart of most of our good play. He really has added consistency to his game this season - if we can add better decision-making and quicker passing then there's no limit to what he can achieve.

I also felt Barisic and Morelos had better games - though the latter's finishing was disappointing in the first half.  Sakala was also guilty of dragging his shots but was a threat throughout and only a fine performance from the Dundee 'keeper stopped him scoring.

It's strange that Aribo has been 'released' as a #8, considering he was playing as a #10 before. 

A bit more freedom, arriving later and being able to work off the creativity of others rather than needing to produce himself? 

10 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think Barisic is suiting not being as offensive, where there is less onus on him creating; he's also deeper, so he's in a better position to defend. 

Getting back to his best which is really very good. 

Was great mostly defending v Celtc earlier in the season as well. 

5 hours ago, Frankie said:

A very good team performance with a few players who I noted as playing well.

Has to be Aribo again for MotM - whilst he was maybe a bit more fortunate with his finishing than others, he again played the free role well and was at the heart of most of our good play. He really has added consistency to his game this season - if we can add better decision-making and quicker passing then there's no limit to what he can achieve.

I also felt Barisic and Morelos had better games - though the latter's finishing was disappointing in the first half.  Sakala was also guilty of dragging his shots but was a threat throughout and only a fine performance from the Dundee 'keeper stopped him scoring.

Agree with this.  Aribo the standout.

I thought Alfredo's all round game was decent, but he seems out of form in the final third, although he is getting into better positions, even if he is snatching a little when trying to get shots away.

Barisic looked more comfortable with not being asked to fill in as a winger.  Felt he got his starting positions much better, and was less exposed on the transition where I've felt it left him stretching to get back at times, and then failing to stop crosses.   In turn that meant he seemed more confident/aggressive, and hardly gave his man a sniff.

Was really impressed with Sakala off the left.  A more than adequate backup to Kent, and you can see the team getting used to how best to use his pace.