Russia, Ukraine

9 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Does Putin intend to annex all of Ukraine?  If so, is that it or is there more?

Surely not possible. Ukraine has ~40 million people I think. Many of them are hostile to Russia.

I can only guess what he thinks he can achieve. I would imagine that any occupation would cost too much overall.

7 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Surely not possible. Ukraine has ~40 million people I think. Many of them are hostile to Russia.

Aye, it seems a tall order, to say the least.  I thought he'd stop at the rebel held areas but reports would suggest otherwise.

It has certainly escalated quickly.

As my father to say once you go into battle the truth will never be reported. 

If reports were true then the Ukrainians have inflicted terrible damage to Russia over a 1000 dead and aircraft and tanks blown to hell .

No wonder Putin fancies a spot of warmongering...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/02/24/britains-spies-told-check-white-privilege-stop-saying-manpower/

"Britain's spies told to check their 'white privilege' and stop saying 'manpower'

Leaked dossier called 'Mission Critical' asks spies to avoid words that 'reinforce dominant cultural patterns'".

Sometimes you have to give a little for a long time again so let him have Ukraine, sanctions only hurt the poor what good have the done I  North Korea Korea or Iran,  none .

The only people who can halt Putin are his own people the military and the mens rich oligarchs who wont want their lifestyles messed up .

Time to use the old English proverb   slowly slowly cathy monkey his own folk at the highest level will turn on him .

On 26/02/2022 at 05:33, compo said:

Sometimes you have to give a little for a long time again so let him have Ukraine, sanctions only hurt the poor what good have the done I  North Korea Korea or Iran,  none .

The only people who can halt Putin are his own people the military and the mens rich oligarchs who wont want their lifestyles messed up .

Time to use the old English proverb   slowly slowly cathy monkey his own folk at the highest level will turn on him .

Maybe, but Saddam didnt fall without a little help from outside and with Putin changing the rules so he can remaon Pres until 2036 its going to be a long old wait. 

I love this fighting talk about how they will defend their country all this brave talk , but if you watched last night's news there were huge numbers of males pouring over the border into Poland.