Russia, Ukraine

10 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

No, like Putin and Hitler. There is no serious similarity yet many appear to fear that he will act in a similar way.

There is a well documented neo-nazi problem in the Ukraine. Fixating on the fact that the term "nazi" originated from and explicitly German political party avoids the point of substance.

Is there any country without a neo-nazi problem? Russia certainly has one, one that's been cultivated by Putin to negate his liveral detractors. So much for de-nazification.

The so called "far-right" polled a mighty 2.15% in the last Ukrainian election as opposed to AfD multiple times that in Germany. 

I look forward to the livestreaming of the Red Army storming the Bundestag in order to save humanity by de-nazifying again.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

IMHO, Russia will more or less "secure" the regions with a Russian-ethnic background and pro-Russian people. As well as a strip of land connecting these areas to Crimeria and that part of the Black Sea coast in the Southeast. They will not allow the Ukrainian army to build up any sort of powerful resistance or potential threat, hence they will continue to lay waste to rail tracks, roads and airports, as well as targetting military-related installations all across Ukraine. They have the means and use them. They could use rather different means though, and I don`t mean weapons of mass destructions, but stuff the US used from day one in Iraq.

Had the point of the exercise been in fact to "secure" Donbas and Luhansk then that on itself could have been accomplished relatively quickly and at a lot less cost of blood and treasure. 

However megalmania trumps logic.

I think the myth of Russia’s military prowess and capability has been destroyed once and for all mainly by Russia itself. Won't allow them to build a powerful resistance really? Tell that to Russia's growing army of widows, fatherless children, sonless parents etc.

Putin’s domestic success has caused his apparent failure in Ukraine a bittersweet irony.

On 04/05/2022 at 05:08, ranger_syntax said:

No, like Putin and Hitler. There is no serious similarity yet many appear to fear that he will act in a similar way.

There is a well documented neo-nazi problem in the Ukraine. Fixating on the fact that the term "nazi" originated from and explicitly German political party avoids the point of substance.

And again... what has it got to do with Russia? Why do they feel they need to take action in another country? There is still a neo nazi problem in Greece  - are they going to take it on themselves to sort that by invading Greece? Who appointed them the worlds "nazi patrol" ? Is the so called nazi problem larger than the problem of Islamic fundamentalism? 

Edited by ChelseaBoy
typo

13 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

And again... what has it got to do with Russia? Why do they feel they need to take action in another country? There is still a neo nazi problem in Greece  - are they going to take it on themselves to sort that by invading Greece? Who appointed them the worlds "nazi patrol" ? Is the so called nazi problem larger than the problem of Islamic fundamentalism? 

Russia considers the Ukraine to be a vital strategic interest. Our masters don't get to decide Russia's vital strategic interests until said masters execute a colour revolution there.

I'm not sure why you mention Greece. Are our masters destabilising that country by flooding it with weapons? Are our masters using it as a pawn against a nearby opponent?

20 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Is there any country without a neo-nazi problem? Russia certainly has one, one that's been cultivated by Putin to negate his liveral detractors. So much for de-nazification.

We are not arming Russia.

10 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

our masters

You should just say USA.  

The arguments (on this thread) seem to boil down to whether someone sees Russia as an existential threat to the UK/West or not.

On 05/05/2022 at 13:02, Gonzo79 said:

You should just say USA.  

The arguments (on this thread) seem to boil down to whether someone sees Russia as an existential threat to the UK/West or not.

I don't think Russia is a threat to the UK/West. Certainly not set against the unlilmited immigration the liberals have allowed since 1997 - just look what is happening in Sweden just now.  Russia is more of a bully taking advantage of a situation. The West is destroying itself from within. 

On 04/05/2022 at 08:23, forlanssister said:

It makes no sense whatsoever that you could visit Russia and not meet one single person that wasn't content with Putin and his regime but they say if you don't want to see something then you won't.

Please, please, please reread the comments. Focus on the contents and block out your imagination.

I have enough patience to wait for you to understand. I don't know if I have enough patience to spell it out twice.

On 04/05/2022 at 12:26, stewarty said:

Careful now - I agree with the general tone of response to many of your points.  I'd rather debate the substance, but at times the sneering condescension in your posts is only matched by their vagueness.

Don't worry.

Notice the care taken to commend only that single comment.