Russia, Ukraine

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

I'll always just think of you as the Snide Sniper. Every forum has one, you are ours.

Feel free to discuss the topic.

In particular you should tell us how you reconcile your comments with the Monroe Doctrine and N.A.T.O. intervention in Libya.

If you leave it as it is then it just makes you look ignorant

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

Feel free to discuss the topic.

In particular you should tell us how you reconcile your comments with the Monroe Doctrine and N.A.T.O. intervention in Libya.

If you leave it as it is then it just makes you look ignorant

When you spend your entire contribution making snide comments and studiously avoiding exposing any original thought, you're hardly in a position to dictate what others should post. I think I'll pass, however ignorant you think that makes me.

59 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

No answers.

Quite a surprise.

A sermon full of holes and a captain without anything to fill them,......is always liable to go on the attack, to distract from a lack of answers #nowtchanges

39 minutes ago, buster. said:

A sermon full of holes and a captain without anything to fill them

I’m afraid the literary prize deservedly won this morning is now forfeit. Couldn’t make that one out, buster.

7 hours ago, compo said:

One of the reasons for this little skirmish was the eagerness of Ukraine to join the EU and NATO therefore bringing them right up to the Russian border the one thing Putin does not want , and he's going to have to take action soon as i have said before there is no point in having nukes to just sit in storage . 

Nato was already right up to the Russian border since 1949

Edited by Bill

4 hours ago, compo said:

One of the reasons for this little skirmish was the eagerness of Ukraine to join the EU and NATO therefore bringing them right up to the Russian border the one thing Putin does not want , and he's going to have to take action soon as i have said before there is no point in having nukes to just sit in storage . 

It goes way back before Putin.

Gorbachev/Yeltsin were promised this type of thing wouldn't happen.

13 hours ago, buster. said:

It goes way back before Putin.

Gorbachev/Yeltsin were promised this type of thing wouldn't happen.

8 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Were they? 

https://nsarchive.gwu.edu/document/16117-document-06-record-conversation-between

A conversation between Gorbachev and James Baker. The interesting part is on page 5.

Gorbachev never got an agreement in writing and, if I remember correctly, the contents of the conversation were denied.